PDA

View Full Version : Common Whitethroat

Tord Andreasson
10-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Common Whitethroat (Sylvia communis).
High perched and singing at full throat he eventually regrouped to eye level position, checking me out for a few seconds before returning to his business.

Olympus OMD E-M5 frame, ISO 400, 1/1000s (~75% crop)
TS102 APO refractor scope 700mm F/6.8 on RH-2 gimbal head

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/P5250129-2.jpg
Thanks for looking,
Tord

Marina Scarr
10-27-2014, 07:46 AM
Great pose and BG on this image. Your bird looks a little bit overexposed and I think this image would be more pleasing with a looser crop, especially since your BG is so special.

Daniel Cadieux
10-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Great bird and a neat perch for it. Beautiful BG. I agree the image is overexposed on the whites, and the subject rather large in the frame.

Interesting gear you are using...how is the auto-focus with that?

Tord Andreasson
10-28-2014, 05:16 AM
Great bird and a neat perch for it. Beautiful BG. I agree the image is overexposed on the whites, and the subject rather large in the frame.

Interesting gear you are using...how is the auto-focus with that?
Thanks,

The gear I use is MF, focusing is operated with a double speed Crayford focuser. So you could think of the scope as a prime telephoto lens. (A month ago I posted a picture and description of the setup upon request from a member but that post was not published for some reason. Maybe I should have posted in other thread/forum?).

I suppose I should re-crop/reposition (it's a 75% crop), and re-develop in LR using lower exposure setting.

Thanks for feedback,
Tord

Daniel Cadieux
10-28-2014, 06:38 AM
Thank you for the info, Tord. Looks like there are some challenges with that system, but I bet you are having tons of fun with it too!