PDA

View Full Version : Requiem for the Summer

Jackie Schuknecht
10-26-2014, 01:55 PM
I can't bear to cut back the flowers and plants to get ready for (gasp) winter. Took this yesterday, my cosmos are still hanging in. One in-camera blur. Converted to black and white, then added a cool tone.

Nancy Bell
10-26-2014, 07:07 PM
Very well conceived and processed with lovely transitions from the front flower fading to the back flower. I especially like the addition of those brightest petals of the front flower. They seem to glow and set up the dramatic contrast with the black bkgd. I'm not sure what I would suggest, but I think you might play with the amount of black on the left and right. Maybe more black on the right as the flowers almost seem to be moving that way?

Dennis Bishop
10-27-2014, 08:55 AM
I like this as a visual image, and I'm impressed that you were able to do it with a single blur. Assuming that you're showing a progression to the absence of the flowers during winter, I'd suggest darkening the non-overlapping part of the flower on the right so that some of the darker parts disappear into the background.

Jackie Schuknecht
10-28-2014, 08:44 AM
I will work on it if I have time. Dennis I really practiced on the weekend to get one that I liked. I also discovered that blurs show up much better on a black bg which I used.

Anita Bower
10-29-2014, 01:19 PM
Your Cosmos seems to be moving, moving away, away. Nicely done. Wish there were more light on the center of front flower. Dennis has a good idea of making the flowers become darker as they move away. I, too, hate seeing my flowers die.

Paul Lagasi
11-02-2014, 09:14 AM
A very neat idea, its given me all kinds of ideas to try this with. It's -5C (23F) this morning in Ottawa but bright and sunny, so its coming. Nice work.