PDA

View Full Version : north carolina

stuart wanuck
10-25-2014, 08:03 PM
nikon d 800
m 1/250 @ 8

Hazel Grant
10-26-2014, 04:11 PM
This has a bit of an HDR look to it, perhaps from sharpening in PP? I'm still debating about the leaves on the right side. Nice contrasts of the colors.

Andrew McLachlan
10-26-2014, 07:11 PM
Hi Stuart, nice autumn woodland scene. I am leaning towards wanting to see more of the trees on the right and less of the ones on the left. For me the covered section of the walkway is placed too central in the composition.

Dvir Barkay
10-26-2014, 07:29 PM
agree with Andrew, also the shadows are a bit black and too contrasty. I would also warm it up a bit, as its a bit cool, even for overcast.

Luis Patacao
10-27-2014, 07:09 AM
Also agree with Andrew, the main element is too centered on the image. I do like the color contrast between the red leaves on the top and the green leaves on the bottom.

Wendy Kates
10-27-2014, 08:27 PM
I like the contrasting colors too, but I also agree about the paucity of leaves on the right. I'm wondering if it would be worth cropping them out completely: that would balance out the image more, although that might place the covered walkway squarely in the middle, which would be problematic.

Don Railton
10-27-2014, 11:32 PM
Hi Stuart.

I like the colours, we don't have many trees that colour up like this in the fall in Australia, so that appeals to me. I would also agree with decentring the structure, I wonder if you could have done that by panning a little more left to pick up what I think would be a path/lead into the structure..?

DON

Morkel Erasmus
11-04-2014, 06:07 AM
A nice scene, love seeing these autumn colours. I agree with Andrew's critique on composition and placement of the covered roof.
I also agree with Hazel, something seems off on the fine detail side - what were your processing steps, Stuart?