PDA

View Full Version : theme: ghosty trees

Hazel Grant
10-25-2014, 04:52 PM
can't remember if I posted a version of this or not. Mostly poster edges with some cloning and color adjusting.

Nancy Bell
10-25-2014, 06:34 PM
Great stained glass look in good autumn colors! I really like tht composition created by the 2 tree trunks rising up and branching out. The thick tree and the thin tree work very well together.

Wendy Kates
10-25-2014, 07:29 PM
Hazel...I love the balance and distribution of the colors, particularly the oranges and taupes. I agree with Nancy about the stained glass look too...it's very striking!

Dennis Bishop
10-25-2014, 09:33 PM
The more I look at this -- and I really like looking at it -- the better it becomes. The colors work very well together. In addition, those two groups of threes, the red/orange leaves and the tree branches/trunks, add a lot of interest.

Hazel Grant
10-25-2014, 09:50 PM
Thanks so much for your comments

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
10-26-2014, 09:41 AM
Hazel,

Greetings. Beautiful composition. The stained glass look works well with the interplay between the branches and the fall colors. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Jackie Schuknecht
10-26-2014, 02:12 PM
The contrasts between dark and light and the placement of the trees in the frame combine to make this a very effective image. I like the leaves visible in the frame in a triangle shape framing the trees and the stained glass effect from the poster edges.

Mitch Carucci
10-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Beautiful Autumn colors, and, of course the stained glass look all work with this image.

Anita Bower
11-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Love the stained glass look! This image has a strong graphic quality that I find appealing--with the flat-looking tree trunks and branches and the stained glass leaves. Very pleasing composition with the trunks coming up from the right, then spreading and bending over the image. I wish the leaves in the lower left corner, and those along the bottom half of the right edge looked more poster-like and had less detail, that way they would blend in better with the image. Nice work.

Hazel Grant
11-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Interesting point, Anita. I'll revisit that....and welcome back!