PDA

View Full Version : Another sphere

Diane Miller
10-25-2014, 01:24 PM
I love how these things change with a slightly different choice of the initial crop. Posted one a while back of a dahlia; this one is a hydrangea.

Nancy Bell
10-25-2014, 06:47 PM
Diane, this turned out fabulous! When you first posted this technique I turned all kinds of images into spheres. It was so much fun to see what they turn into! Beautiful rich shades of pink in this one and good interesting interior lines swirling, stretching and blending.

Dennis Bishop
10-25-2014, 09:41 PM
I'm always fascinated by these. This one goes well beyond that, though. The lines and tonal range are wonderful.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
10-26-2014, 10:06 AM
Diane,

Greetings. A beautiful globe. Having written that I thought what about a drop shadow?

Multiply blend copy with elliptical marquee tool in PS, transformed to taste, masked

Just a thought...

Cheers,

-Michael-

Dennis Bishop
10-26-2014, 12:31 PM
Despite seeing "sphere" in the title and in Nancy's comment, I didn't see the image as a sphere. Didn't even think of it. The visual clues I see made it look concave. That changed somewhat with the shadow. Now it sort of looks spherical. Maybe it's the skull/lady-in-the-mirror thing again.

Nancy Bell
10-26-2014, 06:55 PM
With the dropped shadow it appears to me to be a colorful marble rolling!

Diane Miller
10-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Fun idea, Michael! I'll play with it when I get time! Of course, a shadow should soften a little as it is farther from the object... That's easy to do.

Diane Miller
10-26-2014, 10:42 PM
OK -- couldn't resist playing. It's quick and dirty but all I have time for. And now that I see the light illuminating the inside of the sphere, it should be on the other side!

Diane Miller
10-26-2014, 11:50 PM
OK. (I see a hollowed-out sphere, too.) And I think I should push the end of the shadow back, as the light is coming a little from the front. Easy to do as it's on its own layer and can be distorted however I like. But I'm going to bed now....

Mitch Carucci
10-29-2014, 12:52 PM
Beautiful graphic image. Love the colors and feeling of spinning.