PDA

View Full Version : Limeni Silhouette

Dvir Barkay
10-24-2014, 10:43 PM

The last light over Limeni with a group of local Greeks playing on a dock, I really love the mood of the scene as it really represents the amazing nature of Greece. The shot of Limeni from before is directly behind me, I am pretty much taking the shot from the road behind the buildings in the last shot. Also a church can be seen in the background.

Sony A700, Tamron 70-300, F/8, 1/1000s, ISO320, Limeni in Greece, 2014

Don Railton
10-24-2014, 11:49 PM
Hi Dvir.

Good image... Nice setting and light. A little noise in the rocks LHS, my guess is you lightened them up slightly... I like the inclusion of the family, it adds IMHO, all except for the LHS body because they blend into the boat. A bit of separation here would improve I think.

Don

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Diane Miller
10-25-2014, 11:39 AM
Classic! The darks do look a little noisy but sometimes there is just noise. Flare is well handled here, for shooting right into the sun -- I just see a trace of it.

Dvir Barkay
10-25-2014, 12:20 PM
Classic! The darks do look a little noisy but sometimes there is just noise. Flare is well handled here, for shooting right into the sun -- I just see a trace of it.

Thanks Don and Diane, yeah now I see the noise, I raised the shadows a bit as I exposed for the sun which obviously I didn't want to blow out which I didn't. So I wanted a bit of detail in the blacks, I can denoise the shadows if it is distracting. Yeah the Tamron handles flare well, I always find that telephotos do better than wide angles in that respect, by a trace of flare, you mean the lower contrast around the shadow region? or you see a spot of flare?

Diane Miller
10-25-2014, 12:31 PM
What I was referring to is just the generally lower contrast -- maybe flare isn't the correct term. There is a more orange look to the hill below the church than in the ground on the far left. But maybe that's just from your lightening of the darks, or just from shooting into some mist from the sea, which would be back-scattering the sunlight.

Dvir Barkay
10-25-2014, 12:33 PM
What I was referring to is just the generally lower contrast -- maybe flare isn't the correct term. There is a more orange look to the hill below the church than in the ground on the far left. But maybe that's just from your lightening of the darks, or just from shooting into some mist from the sea, which would be back-scattering the sunlight.

Ah ok that is what I thought, yeah there is a certain yellowish orange cast in the shadows, could be a flare thing, maybe its the lower contrast that comes when shooting into the sun. The orange cast in the distance is the sun reflecting through some mist over the ocean. Thanks for the help :)

Andrew McLachlan
10-26-2014, 07:00 PM
Hi Dvir, another lovely scene...this is my favorite from this location so far. Agree with Don that the person on the dock that merges with the boat is a little troublesome but easy to fix if you are not opposed to it. Nice one...keep 'em coming!

dankearl
10-27-2014, 08:36 PM
This is nice...
Tough to get the sun like this and not blow everything out.
Nice work....

Dvir Barkay
11-04-2014, 01:59 AM
Hi Dvir, another lovely scene...this is my favorite from this location so far. Agree with Don that the person on the dock that merges with the boat is a little troublesome but easy to fix if you are not opposed to it. Nice one...keep 'em coming!

Thanks all for the reply, and thanks Andrew, I am a bit opposed to doctor work on my images generally, but I might end up taking the fourth person out. Thanks for the reply.