PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Moorhen

Iain Barker
10-23-2014, 06:26 PM
I took a few images of this moorhen feeding.
I wish it hadn't been angled away slightly but thought the tongue out and water droplets made it an interesting image.

Nikon D7000 300mm f4 af + 1.4x tc. ISO800 1/320 sec f7.1, beanbag on hide window.

Any C&C welcome.

Aidan Briggs
10-23-2014, 10:41 PM
To soft light is nice and the exposure correct, but it doesn't work for me as a whole because of the angle and overly tight composition. I would have taken of the tc in this situation.

Keep them coming!

Daniel Cadieux
10-24-2014, 11:50 AM
I like the exposure and details on the flanks (where critical focus seems to be). I also like the water beads n the back. Yes to being too tight in the frame and the head angled away is not ideal - as you already know.

Iain Barker
10-24-2014, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the feedback I hadn't really considered the composition being too tight as I normally have the opposite problem. It gives me something to think about next time I get this close.

Raybel Robles
10-24-2014, 01:13 PM
I also agree with he above comments. I think the bird is too large in the frame and the head angle is not ideal.

keith mitchell
10-25-2014, 03:01 AM
Agree about the composition and also what you say Iain( Thanks for the feedback I hadn't really considered the composition being too tight as I normally have the opposite problem)it's something that I often think about. The head looks a bit soft but you have some nice detail on the bird and I do like the water droplets.
Cheers Keith.

Diane Miller
10-25-2014, 09:39 PM
Sometimes things are a bit tight in the frame -- sometimes it's hard to move or change lenses. But for the image as captured, I think a slight desaturation (and/or maybe hue change) in the yellows would improve the BG a little. (Might be necessary to mask out the bird and especially the beak.)