PDA

View Full Version : Limeni

Dvir Barkay
10-22-2014, 01:41 AM

Back to the Greece photos after a a short break. Here is Limeni, a gorgeous little village on the coast, nestled between two mountains. The sun was setting, casting a nice yellow glow and making the water have a very painterly feel to it. I actually had to desat the blues in the water it was that blue.

Sony A77, Sony 16-50, F/11, ISO 320, Polarizing filter, Limeni in Greece, 2014

Don Railton
10-22-2014, 04:50 AM
Hi Dvir

Beautiful light & setting, sharp and I like the comp... and I would love to be sitting under that umbrella at what I presume is a restaurant... Not sure what you did with the water but it looks unusual, like the gold is floating above the blue.. My only other niggle is that the building RHS has a pretty well defined corner that is not vertical and I thought it was quite noticeable because it was so close to the border.. easy fix.. Over all, its great image I think...

DON

Dvir Barkay
10-24-2014, 09:17 PM
Thanks Don, glad you like it, the water pretty much looks like that minus the contrast in the original raw, I did very little post on this. Yup its a hotel, I didn't stay there because its expensive, but I can imagine the breakfast there, although the sun rises the other way as this faces west. Like I said the water was magical. the image is rather straight, I think its a bit of distortion although I corrected for that, you can see that the distant building are straight. Although maye a slight CW rotation like you say will help. Thanks for the help !

Don Railton
10-24-2014, 11:35 PM
Hi Dvir, yes, I agree the images is horizontal and it was only the distortion in that one building that I thought needing fixing, maybe you missed that one? to be clear I did not think you needed any global image rotation...

Don

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Diane Miller
10-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Gorgeous sunset image with great light! I love it when water reflects light like that! I could see myself there...

Andrew McLachlan
10-26-2014, 06:57 PM
Hi Dvir, nicely done. I like the light and the pano crop. If you are not opposed to it I would clone out the swimmers.

Morkel Erasmus
11-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Solid travel photograph, no nits from me.
I would perhaps have liked a sliver more on top?