PDA

View Full Version : Gone to seed

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
10-21-2014, 07:44 PM
One of the flowers from the Australia section at the UC Santa Cruz Arboretum gone to seed but still in the flower shape... Maybe a Baksia...

Topaz Impressions - Color pencil with some adjustments fine brush. multiply blend copies with overlaid original at reduced opacity. Couldn't resist a Nik CEP detail extractor ;-) layer.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Jackie Schuknecht
10-22-2014, 11:08 AM
I like the colours and your treatment Michael. The coloured lines from impressions nicely echo the lines of the seed pod. I find a lot going on, and diffficult for my eye to focus on any single element though.

Cheryl Slechta
10-22-2014, 07:43 PM
Michael, I love the colors and the organic feel to this one. It almost looks like you used Fractalius. I haven't succumbed to Topaz Impressions yet but you are all posting some nice images with the filter.:S3:

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
10-23-2014, 11:48 AM
Jackie, Cheryl,

Thanks much for your comments. Yeah, I agree it is a bit busy, Jackie. I'm still working on balancing detail with Impression... this one has scattered features that I like which would be better isolated or removed.

Cheryl, Impression is pretty cool, I must say. Similar in some ways to DAP in that it replaces the original image with brush strokes. The strokes are adjustable in various ways from a palette of brushes. A little slow on the final rendition... maybe unbearable on a less beefy computer... not unlike DAP in this regard, but the previews of adjustments are much faster. I find myself using the Impression filter on a layer to blend with others to add the painterly or sketchy look.

I have more that I've been exploring with... I'll post over time.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Paul Lagasi
10-23-2014, 07:53 PM
Michael like the subject and effect, agree with above lots going on. I might be tempted to move the pod out of dead center....nice work