PDA

View Full Version : Leading Lines

Dvir Barkay
10-21-2014, 01:33 AM

With my favorite awards of the year about the be announced (the BBC photography awards). I decided to post one the the images (3) that was a finalist for me in that competition this year, but did not make it into the top 100 images. At least I got reward a bit with it being a highly commended in the 2014 USA Landscape Photographer of the year awards. I posted this one before, and with the help I got I was able to make it better, and obviously without that help it wouldn't have gotten anywhere, so I cannot say how invaluable this forum has been to me. This was taken a couple years back in White Pocket Arizona, I was there only an hour but managed to be there when a storm was rolling in, and so got some nice skies.

A100, Sony 16-50/2.8 @16mm, ISO 100, Jpeg, 2012

Hazel Grant
10-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Thanks for posting this and for your comments about the value of BPN. I am not in the international competition category by a long shot, but I have learned invaluable lessons from the input of those in these forums. My wins have been more the State Fair, etc. category, (a best of show, some firsts) but for my background. etc. that's a good thing for me. I guess what I am trying to say is that no matter what level we are in, BPN has helped improve us and gotten us there.
Re your photo: one thing I like is the obvious clarity of the lines contrasted with the storm rolling in that is a different texture altogether.

Diane Miller
10-21-2014, 01:49 PM
Congratulations on your recognitions! Well-deserved. I find this a wonderful image with great lines and a lovely sky. Well processed.

Dvir Barkay
10-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Congratulations on your recognitions! Well-deserved. I find this a wonderful image with great lines and a lovely sky. Well processed.

Thanks Hazel!

And thanks Diane, it is one of my favorites, the scene was spectacular, very hard to ruin an image with such a great subject.

Andrew McLachlan
10-21-2014, 07:14 PM
Hi Dvir, this is a great scene and conversion too! Congrats on making it to the final round in the BBC contest...well deserved!

Dave Mills
10-21-2014, 09:43 PM
Hi Dvir, Very strong leading line and nice low angle. I like how you divided the comp with just enough sky to create the drama.
This image was also a good choice to convert to B&W. Nice one!

Morkel Erasmus
11-04-2014, 05:23 AM
Stunning image, Dvir, and congrats on the honours...
:5
PS: Love the rain in the top left corner