PDA

View Full Version : Tufted Titmouse

Gary Dietz
01-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Hello just found this site and thought I would post this shot taken in my backyard.

The bird is on a branch of Blue Spruce that I cut off and placed peanuts in attached to a post.
This seems to be a great way to get these guys in close

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o204/gdcastaway_2006/TuftedTitmouse.jpg

Alfred Forns
01-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Hi Gary Love the image The little guy is sharp with great light and well exposed Good pose

My suggestion is to place the peanuts in another location Would like it lower and with few branches way in front Here you have a high angle and lots of branches in front oof Most things in the foreground oof don't look pleasing

Use lots of dof since you want to show the snow ... btw not very familiar with the stuff around here !!!!

Judd Patterson
01-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Welcome Gary! The snow and Tufted Titmouse sure do look nice together! I agree with Alfred that it would be nice to minimize the portion of the branch that is in front and OOF (out of focus). You might want to use a more linear branch that you can setup perpendicular to where you will be aiming your camera. You'll be able to get more of the branch in focus and maybe some of that great snow will fall on it again! Great start.

James Shadle
01-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Gary,
What focal length and aperture did you use? How far away was this cute little guy.
Thanks James

Gary Dietz
01-07-2008, 07:53 AM
Welcome Gary! The snow and Tufted Titmouse sure do look nice together! I agree with Alfred that it would be nice to minimize the portion of the branch that is in front and OOF (out of focus). You might want to use a more linear branch that you can setup perpendicular to where you will be aiming your camera. You'll be able to get more of the branch in focus and maybe some of that great snow will fall on it again! Great start.

Judd
Thanks for the suggestions

Gary Dietz
01-07-2008, 07:54 AM
Gary,
What focal length and aperture did you use? How far away was this cute little guy.
Thanks James

James
I was using my 80-200 @ 160 /f11 I was using a remote release from about 10 feet away.