PDA

View Full Version : Bridges in the sky

Dvir Barkay
10-20-2014, 01:01 AM

Back to the old archives for another shot. Here its a shot of double arch from underneath, when the sun just went behind one of the arches. The veiled clouds are hard to see in color, but in Black and white they really come out.

Sony A100, Sony 16-50/2.8, F/8, 2 exposures, Arches NP, 2012

Catherine Costolo
10-20-2014, 03:45 PM
I love this especially because it is a view of the arch we never see. The black and white is so dramatic too.

Don Railton
10-20-2014, 07:05 PM
Hi Dvir,

Not familiar with this rock formation... Obviously its a rock arch somewhere and you are looking directly up. Interesting perspective, nice tones, sharp. Have you considered displaying this rotated? I rotated 180 degrees from the OP and it looks more natural to me, ie there is not a couple of unattached huge rocks suspended above the bridge... I also rotated 90 degrees to put the rocks on the rh border and the bridge vertical and that 'looks' best to me, but maybe you want the implied tension with the suspended rocks..?

DON

Diane Miller
10-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Very nice, and I love what you did with the B/W. I especially like the dark vignetting at the bottom.

I get nervous standing under that arch. (Don -- Arches National Park.)

Andrew McLachlan
10-21-2014, 07:10 PM
Hi Dvir, this one works very well and I love the B&W conversion too. Very creative thinking on your part to point the camera upwards for a very unique look at the arches.

Dave Mills
10-21-2014, 09:46 PM
Nice detail in the rocks and sky. This also being a good candidate for B&W. For my eye I might have cropped some off the bottom...

Morkel Erasmus
11-04-2014, 05:10 AM
Dvir, your best shot that I have seen - period.
Love the perspective and the moody monochrome conversion. Well done man :cheers: