PDA

View Full Version : Blue tit

Jonathan Ashton
10-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Taken from garden hide Canon 1DX Canon 500mm f4 Auto ISO 640 - 0.3, 1/1250 sec f8
All C&C welcome.

Grace Scalzo
10-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Sweet frame with pleasing colors and a perky pose on this nice bird. I normally don't care for branches in front of the bird, but this works, I think because of his head turn. I do keep wanting to trim about two inches off the right side (even at the risk of becoming a bit squarish) as I can't figure out what that space is adding to the frame and my eye keeps drifting down to the right corner as a result. One tiny thing, I'd remove the partial leaf on the left edge.

Jonathan Ashton
10-20-2014, 04:15 AM
Grace I thought the same as you originally and I cropped some of the right side off, I decided however the the bird was then too large in the frame.

Mike Poole
10-20-2014, 05:10 AM
I like the pose with the head angle and I like the framing between the branches. I have looked at different crops and whilst a bit off the right would be nicer for the BG, the bird gets too big in the frame, so in my opinion you've got it right

Daniel Cadieux
10-20-2014, 11:26 AM
Nice rich colours, and a complexe but pleasing perch. Good head turn, well exposed, nice details. I'd remove the white speck in the eye at the 7 o'clock position.

Simon Wantling
10-20-2014, 12:23 PM
Lovely details and composition. Looks like harsh light but handled really well.

Eric Dienesch
10-20-2014, 12:55 PM
Hello,
a really nice picture from one of our most seen birds in german gardens :-)
for me a really good composition within the trees.
The only thing for me is, that it seems to be a little bit too much sharpness, could it be ??

Greetings Eric

Jim Crosswell
10-20-2014, 03:01 PM
I like the pose, perch, BG and details. It looks like they have coarse feathers so sharpness looks good. Very well done Jonathan.

Jonathan Ashton
10-20-2014, 04:25 PM
Thanks very much everyone much appreciated. The sharpness did concern me, the final image is sharpened by less than my usual amount, I think the angle of the light was a critical factor. The other thing to bare in mind was that I was at f8, a fast shutter speed, and using a tripod head.