PDA

View Full Version : Mac / lightroom CC import problems

Mike Poole
10-19-2014, 08:48 AM
Hi everyone.

I recently needed a new computer, so decided to get my first mac. I also subscribed to Adobe CC getting the lightroom and PS deal. Both downloaded and opened up fine, but when I plugged in my card reader and tried to import the same was I used to on my old machine (windows 7, LR 3) lightroom just shows the previews before quickly telling me it could not perform the import as the files could not be read. They are raw files from a 5d3.

I also tried plugging in my external drive and importing old files from there, same result.

I've looked on the help sites, and several people seem to suggest its something to do with my preferences, but as I'm still finding my way around, I've been unable to find and alter them yet.

Please will someone talk to me like I'm 3 years old and hold my hand whilst walking me through this!

thanks

Mike

Mike Quigley
10-19-2014, 11:56 AM
Might have something to do with the format of your drives. Windows could be fat 32 and Mac is OS Extended. Ive had issues before with making a copy of a photo with mac and windows would not recognize it especially with RAW files. Just a suggestion. Also make sure all your updates on the OS are up to date as well as the software programs. Make sure your camera is supported, check with Adobe. Im sure others here will have some Ideas. Good Luck.

Mike Poole
10-19-2014, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the reply Mike, but the issue is with downloading images direct from a CF card via a card reader direct into lightroom. Everything else is up to date (apart from not going onto yosemite yet but I can't see that being a problem) and the camera is a canon 5d3 which is supported by the version of lightroom I have

Cheers anyway

Mike

Mike Poole
10-19-2014, 03:14 PM
After nearly launching my computer across the room I've finally done it!

Mike Quigley
10-19-2014, 03:33 PM
Great, did you find the issue?

Don Lacy
10-19-2014, 05:12 PM
Hi Mike was it a lightroom or Mac issue.

Mike Poole
10-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Problem with the lightroom/Mike interface !

Thanks for looking though, I've a feeling there may be more to come yet!

Mike Poole
10-20-2014, 04:59 AM
To be a bit clearer the issue was with setting up a destination. I'm not 100% sure how I managed it, but I created a folder, and suddenly LR was happy to accept the files