PDA

View Full Version : Theme Wide-Eyed in the Mountains

Steve Canuel
10-17-2014, 10:38 AM
The gaze into the morning sun really made the color of the eyes stand out. I liked the expression, the alignment of the ears and horns, and the shedding fur. Also liked the evidence of the time spent at the mineral lick present on the mouth and nose. 7D, 1-400L, f6.3, 1/4000, ISO 400, HH, small crop all around.

Loi Nguyen
10-18-2014, 12:47 AM
Steve, great portrait. Love the eyes. Good exposure and details. I saw these guys at a great distance thru a spotting scope. Lucky you to be able to get so close. Loi

Rachel Hollander
10-18-2014, 08:41 AM
Hi Steve - great portrait. I like it for all the reasons you mention and the tight comp works well. I took the liberty of adding "Theme" to the title because the horns make it eligible for this month's theme. There is some blue coming in on the right side of the face in the shadow. If it were mine, I would reduce it. A minor point though. Congrats on this one.

TFS,
Rachel

hennieloots
10-18-2014, 05:04 PM
Hi Steve - Striking image. Love the "crazy eyes" . Tight comp works very well. I like the effect of the wind on the beard.
TFS - Hennie

Carl Walker
10-19-2014, 10:45 AM
Hi Steve - Lovely portrait, placement in frame and the eyes are quite "eye' catching. Facial expression typical of this species type. Shedding fur adds interest. TFS

Steve Kaluski
10-20-2014, 08:24 AM
Hi Steve, love the portrait, looks like he is actually 'wearing' that coat. The looking up perspective is nice, but those eyes, spooky... are they as is, or have they had a slight tweak? If you have upped the blue for the sky, hence gaining some blue in the coat as Rachel mentioned, then perhaps a combo of two images?

TFS
Steve

Steve Canuel
10-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the comments folks.

Steve,
No eye work done on this other than desaturating the color. A lot more colorful and contrasty than most I've seen, hence the reason for posting.