PDA

View Full Version : Geko

John Cooper
05-24-2008, 02:10 AM
The Gekos often use thier tongue to moisten their eyes. I waited for ages but this was as close as it got - licking it's nose :)
Canon EOS 10D, Canon 100mm macro, ISO 400, Flash (heavy shade) 1/60 F16, Tripod.

Alfred Forns
05-24-2008, 10:00 AM
I would be very happy with this one John !!!! Excellent behavior captured plus you go it framed well, exposed and sharp !!!! Big Congrats !!!

Roman Kurywczak
05-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Hi John,
I know you wish you had a bit more ambient light.....but as Alfred mention.....very nice action and comp and BG........may darken a bit to bring out a little more detail in the neck.........but still very well done!

Robert O'Toole
05-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Impressive sharpness and eye detail John, I am with Roman on toning down some of the bright patches.

Robert

Mike Moats
05-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Hey John, an excellent capture and agree with other on the toning down hot areas.

Bob Reimer
05-24-2008, 11:00 PM
It's a lovely gecko, John, but where's the dew on him ;) Love your macro shots. How do you get away with setting up your tripod and not having your subject depart the scene? I've only occasionally had luck setting up the tripod for a macro with a living beastie. Territorial perching dragonflies are about all.

John Cooper
05-25-2008, 12:35 AM
It's a lovely gecko, John, but where's the dew on him ;) Love your macro shots. How do you get away with setting up your tripod and not having your subject depart the scene? I've only occasionally had luck setting up the tripod for a macro with a living beastie. Territorial perching dragonflies are about all.

Thanks for the comments Bob. Most of my wildlife macro shots are taken early in the morning when my subjects are still warming up - so they are generally a bit sluggish giving me the luxury of setting up a tripod!

Gus Cobos
05-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Nicely done John,
Very sharp details...love the eyes...:cool: