PDA

View Full Version : GBH- hunting

Enrique Patino
10-11-2014, 04:02 PM
this image is an old image - when my 500 mkI was new to me. I underexposed this ISO 1600 image by about half stop. Not perfect, but I liked it - so I worked on it. Interested in knowing what you think. Thanks!

7D, 700mm, 1/1250, f/5.6, ISO 1600, HH, manual

Satish Ranadive
10-12-2014, 09:37 AM
Spectacular image, Enrique.
Very nice hunting pose you have captured. Beautiful colors, nice details, superb HA and mouse looks quite good.
I would like to see more space in front of him if you have and would crop on RHS.

Regards,
Satish.

Daniel Cadieux
10-12-2014, 06:52 PM
Pretty cool. Neat prey, and I like both the BG and the bit of FG. I'm comfortable with the comp as is.

I'm confused about "underexposing" by half a stop. Do you mean it was too dark and you needed to lighten during processing, or that you reduced the amount of light in-camera to give the result seen here?

Enrique Patino
10-12-2014, 07:23 PM
Pretty cool. Neat prey, and I like both the BG and the bit of FG. I'm comfortable with the comp as is.

I'm confused about "underexposing" by half a stop. Do you mean it was too dark and you needed to lighten during processing, or that you reduced the amount of light in-camera to give the result seen here?

Thanks Daniel.

I mean, it was under exposed and I had to up the exposure during PP + other dark lightening. Sometimes the 7D does well at ISO 1600... and I was happy that this image seems salvageable.

arash_hazeghi
10-14-2014, 12:14 AM
love the prey that is tangled in grass-which emphasizes natural behavior- and the inclusion of the habitat, composition is good. I wish for more detail in the neck feathers, a bit of noise is visible but still nice

TFS