PDA

View Full Version : Theme Afican Buffalo

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-10-2014, 12:32 PM
I found it difficult to isolate a single AB as they usually were in herds (often large numbers) and getting one with a clean surrounding (no poop around) was even more difficult so I felt happy to find this guy enjoying a drink with no clutter around. Taken at Timbavati. This is pretty much FF.
f/7.1
1/800
ISO 400
7D + 500 II

Rachel Hollander
10-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Hi Sanjeev - I feel your pain in trying to isolate one of these and have a pleasing environment. You did well here and looks like you handled the light well. Nice detail though if you lightened the eye I would back off a bit. Overall, the image feels a little tight and I would prefer a little more room all around.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Thanks Rachel. The eye is exactly as it was. I have not touched it.

Nancy Bell
10-11-2014, 02:51 PM
Good details and good profile head & body view. I would like a bit more space on the bottom for those "virtual legs" that are underwater. This critter appears somewhat worried with that wide open eye, maybe because he was all alone and not in the usual group.

Andrew Merwin
10-12-2014, 10:48 AM
I also would like a bit more room around the AB. I like the detail & the drinking pose.

Morkel Erasmus
10-12-2014, 03:32 PM
Nice detail and exposure overall. A bit more room would be nice, but no deal-breaker.
That eye is creepy! :Whoa!: