PDA

View Full Version : geometricpattern in a icelandic pond

Valerio Tarone
10-08-2014, 03:26 PM
f4,5 1/100 iso200 WBauto Ev-0,3
as below: difficult see a border between art and nothing good. When I see lines, geometric forms I'attracted by them.
In self critic: I should prefer not to see the herbs i LR
Critics...Thank you

John Robinson
10-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Hi Valerio
I think I can see what you have in mind with this shot. However the second one is just not right some how. The first one you posted was sharp the second and I presume its the same picture, is not. Something has gone wrong somewhere.Anyway I still like the idea and the problem is that with macro or close up whatever you call it, the pics need to be sharp. Especially on this site as they will be looked at very closely- believe me !
I still loke the idea.
Cheers
JohnR

Valerio Tarone
10-09-2014, 03:28 AM
john, Hi ,thank you. You're right. It depends on what gas happened: I was used to work in Nikon C., the Notebook was stolen,the softare was inside, now I begin to learn Photoshop CC. But I'll buy a book that Iprefer than seeing articles. It was only important what you and other members think about.

Jonathan Ashton
10-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Good idea there is a nice image in there. I think there is a little too much going on however, to have impact the image subject generally needs to be obvious.

Valerio Tarone
10-10-2014, 05:32 AM
Thank you Jonathan. I SUPPOSE you mean it's better not to have too elements in a image, I agree. The herbs in LR are distracting, but it was impossible to avoid them.

Jonathan Ashton
10-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Thank you Jonathan. I SUPPOSE you mean it's better not to have too elements in a image, I agree. The herbs in LR are distracting, but it was impossible to avoid them.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant, I am not the best at this type of image but I think simplicity is key.

Hazel Grant
10-11-2014, 10:11 AM
The suggestions/comments above are good guides for you. My first thought was that the whites are a bit blown and distracting. I like the basic idea of what you saw. I tend to think that way myself. What's important is the execution and that you can work on.