PDA

View Full Version : Red Fox Kits

Dona Hilkey
05-23-2008, 08:02 PM
These fox kits are adorable but they were in the sagebrush most of the time. This is one of the few images I made where they don't have a branch in front of them.

Dona Hilkey
Canon 40D, Canon 500IS plus 1.4X, Aperture Priority, F7.1,
exp.comp +0.3, RAW, Cropped and sharpened in PS3

Steve Maxson
05-24-2008, 01:38 PM
These guys are very cute, Dona. I like the intense stares. The foxes look a bit soft, though to a certain degree, this adds to the cuteness factor. I think the whole image could be somewhat darker.

Howard Burkert
05-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi Dona, I really like your image of the kits. I do agree with Steve the image is pretty light on my monitor. Probably many ways to fix it..... I would try a curves adjustment layer and pull the middle down to darken the BG the way you want it and then create a mask and paint over the kits with a black brush to bring them back to your taste.To icrease the saturation of the kits....at the top of the toolbar go to...select> load selection> choose curves mask from the drop down box and click on the invert box. Next make a new hue and saturation layer and increase to your taste. It works for me.everytime!!
Best,
Howard.

Michel Pilon
05-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Hello Dona,

Very nice picture of those two young foxes!!! I agree with Howard and Steve that the picture can be a little bit darker...

Very nice composition and I like the tree bringing atmosphere to the whole picture...

Excellent choice of aperture also...!

Thanks for sharing!

Michel