PDA

View Full Version : Curlew II, dancing pose

MiroslavMaric
10-05-2014, 01:28 PM
5D3, 600ISII, TC1.4III, tripod, natural early morning sun, f/5.6 1/1600 ISO800.
PP: in RAW WB correction, NR of BG and selective on bird. Mid & bright tones adjustment (decreased highlight).
Full size of photo: 3323 x 2218 pixels.

Please let me know should I decrease the highlight (left side of the bird) more?

Thanks for viewing and all C&C are welcome.

Cheers, Miro

William Dickson
10-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Another fantastic image of this bird Miro. I like the BG as it is. Very elegant looking curlew. Well done

mohammad reza shahab
10-05-2014, 04:14 PM
I like the pose and light. Excellent BG & Details.

Jim Neiger
10-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Great light, low angle, and pose. Awesome bg too. Well done.

Satish Ranadive
10-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Magnificent dancing pose you have captured in beautiful lights. Love the colors, fine details, very pleasant blue BG, low shooting angle and composition.
Yes, gorgeous image.

Regards,
Satish.

Bill Dix
10-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Love it just as it is. Great low POV, bg colors, dancing pose. Nicely done.

Daniel Cadieux
10-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Very artistic pose, a shorebird "ballet" if you will. My first though was that the highlights look a bit "grayed" or "muddy" so yes, perhaps raising them a bit would be beneficial. Great low angle, and I like the many horizontal lines in the water.

Mike Poole
10-06-2014, 12:36 PM
Beautiful early morning shot, and a nice pose to complement the low POV

Jonathan Ashton
10-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Excellent shot I like it as presented.
(If you want to find the brightest highlights try pressing CtrlAltShift2 all simultaneously, this will make a selection for you. You can then use the Dodge tool to brighten or the Burn tool to darken. There are further sophistications you could make to the selection but this will get you started).

MiroslavMaric
10-07-2014, 12:20 AM
Excellent shot I like it as presented.
(If you want to find the brightest highlights try pressing CtrlAltShift2 all simultaneously, this will make a selection for you.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks, I'm glad you like it and thank you for a valuable tip. Regarding selection of different highlights I use luminosity actions. However I'm little bit curious about CtrlALtShift2. Where did you find this shortcut? As far as I can see this one is not listed in official Photoshop CS6 & CC Help file and during searching the help file I cannot find it. Even Google has no help. It seems CtrlALtShift3&4&5 works as well but for different levels.

Cheers,
Miro

Jonathan Ashton
10-07-2014, 03:52 AM
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks, I'm glad you like it and thank you for a valuable tip. Regarding selection of different highlights I use luminosity actions. However I'm little bit curious about CtrlALtShift2. Where did you find this shortcut? As far as I can see this one is not listed in official Photoshop CS6 & CC Help file and during searching the help file I cannot find it. Even Google has no help. It seems CtrlALtShift3&4&5 works as well but for different levels.

Cheers,
Miro

Miro when I joined BPN I knew relatively little about digital photography I learned a lot here on BPN and I also learned a lot of useful tips including this one in Artie's Digital Basics PDF.