PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Yellowlegs.

Karl Egressy
10-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Lesser Yellowlegs.
Mud flat has finally formed but most of the Shorebirds have already left.
This lonely one is taking a break.
Thanks for looking.

Canon 5DM3
Canon 500 f4.0
ISO 800
f5.6
1/1000 s

William Dickson
10-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Lovely image of this bird Karl. I think the BG is a wee bit cluttered, and takes the eye away from the lovely bird. Well done

Geoffrey Montagu
10-05-2014, 04:56 PM
Beautiful bird and capture, Karl. Very nice light and great detail. Like the eye contact.

Geoffrey

Satish Ranadive
10-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Excellent image Yellowlegs in habitat.Beautiful pose,colors, details and composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Daniel Cadieux
10-06-2014, 11:43 AM
Excellent sharpness on the yellowlegs! Nice ruffled pose and a good look at the primaries. Great look at the yellow legs...too bad it had to have a muddy foot! I'm OK with the BG for the most part, but some of the brighter parts do pull my eye to those areas so perhaps toning those down would help.

Dan Brown
10-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Nice sharpness and head turn, Karl. I think that this is a Greater Yellowlegs though. Notice that the bill is longer than the head depth from front to back.

FYI, I was looking at your Solitary Sandpiper over on NSN and I believe that it IS a Lesser Yellowlegs and not a Solitary SP. Solitarys do not have the yellow legs as in that bird. But you can see that the bill on that bird is much shorter than the one here. I can't comment over there so I thought I would give my 2 cents here.