PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Nubby

Steve Canuel
10-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Give it time, one day they'll be much more impressive. 7D, 1-400L, f6.3, 1/200s, ISO 500, HH from vehicle, small crop all around, removed bright OOF grass from neck, PP'd in PSE10.

Rachel Hollander
10-05-2014, 04:45 PM
Hi Steve - What a cute red doggy! I knew you would have North American wildlife images to contribute to this month's theme :S3:. I like the comp with the head turned back against the body. Details and sharpness look good too. I know you were in a car so it might not have been possible and you definitely don't want to get too close to these giants but, I might have tried a slightly lower pov to have the bison completely fill the frame. Just a thought but not a deal breaker by any means.

TFS,
Rachel

Karl Egressy
10-05-2014, 07:44 PM
I'm not familiar with this species, but it is a nice looking one. Love the details and the framing looks good, Steve.

Morkel Erasmus
10-06-2014, 04:31 PM
This is a treat, Steve. First image I've seen of a calf in this nubby phase. Pose and head-against-body comp work well.
Maybe add a hint more depth in the midtones?

Steve Kaluski
10-07-2014, 12:35 PM
Hi Steve, great to see something different, and not African, LOL.

For me this typifies the fact, you don't have to travel far to get good images. Love the composition and the way you achieve that nice glossy eye in your images. Would have liked to have seen this shot with the 5D :S3:. Personally I might just drop the Exp on the green BKG to create a bit more depth within the image.

Now, off to cook dinner, Steak I believe :bg3:.

TFS
Steve

Anette Mossbacher
10-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Hi Steve, the comp looks good to me and the look back as well. I agree with Morkel on the Midtones, might does give a tad more pop as it has already. I am not familiar with those, but Rachel asked me already to fly over the pond for those. Might do the jump, if I do not have to hand out all my finger prints on the border lolol.

have a great eve

Ciao Anette

Steve Canuel
10-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions folks. Mid tone suggestion works for me.

Steve Canuel
10-12-2014, 03:28 PM
Hi Steve, great to see something different, and not African, LOL.

Now, off to cook dinner, Steak I believe :bg3:.

TFS
Steve

How dare you! All those Africa predator encounters have hardened your heart :bg3: