PDA

View Full Version : Theme - White on White

Cheryl Slechta
10-02-2014, 10:29 AM
I've been going through old files and cleaning up my computer and found this image taken in the fog several years ago at a local lake. I used Nik CEP graduated fog to enhance the fog, then white neutralizer, added a cloud texture that I had taken last year and desaturated it then added a sandstone texture in CC. I should have cleaned up the vertical tree branch at the bottom center :(

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
10-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Cheryl,

Greetings. I like the whiter white of the subject, but miss a little edge definition on the back wing. Soft, quiet feel is nice. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Dennis Bishop
10-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Very, very nicely done, Cheryl. Great composition. The location of the egret, the diagonal cloud lines, and the curve of the treetops guide the viewer through the image and keeps our attention there -- not that we wouldn't want to stop looking, anyway.

I wouldn't have any second thoughts about the tree branch. It helps to bridge the trees on the right with those on the left.

Nancy Bell
10-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Great job with all those whites on whites, and the sandstone texture is a very good addition. I can really "feel" the egret flying through the fog!

Diane Miller
10-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Lovely! I think it could be interesting to lower the texture a little on the bird, and would also like to see the tailing edge of that wing a little more distinctly.

Jackie Schuknecht
10-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Very pretty Cheryl I like this a lot. I like the trees framing the scene at the bottom. I get a nice sense of depth in the image.

Anita Bower
10-06-2014, 07:22 AM
I love the shapes of the Egret! The softness works well for me. The white on white is very pleasing. Nice touch of color on the bill. As Nancy wrote, I can feel the Egret flying. It feels gently magestic, calm and confident.