PDA

View Full Version : The Eagles Are Back...

Joseph Przybyla
10-01-2014, 06:45 AM
The Bald Eagles have returned, they were gone during the summer. I captured this one when it came close enough carrying a stick back to the nest. Each year they return to the same nest and build it bigger and bigger. This image was captured at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm (600mm FFE)
1/1600 F/5.6 ISO 280
Post processed in Lightroom 5

Jim Crosswell
10-01-2014, 10:51 AM
I like the wing position, stick, sharpness and eagle is framed nicely by the trees. Very well done Joe!

Marina Scarr
10-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Lovely image, Joe. Your comp works well, and I love how the trees frame your eagle. That is one large stick!

David Salem
10-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Nice frame. Great that you caught him right in between the trees and the wing position looks nice too. The big branch looks good and I like the slightly open beak. Well done

Grace Scalzo
10-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Joe, This is a fine capture. Being Super picky, but the area below the stick looks slightly smudgy. Did you clone or other wise tweak that area? If not, I'd add just a touch of contrast. And I might add just a point or two of black to the overall image.

Joseph Przybyla
10-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Hi Grace, you have good eyes and are very perceptive. Here is what happened... the most left branch in the lower right hand corner was in focus. It looked out of place. In Lightroom using the Adjustment Brush I applied negative sharpening blurring it. The smudging was sloppiness in now cleaning up the surrounding area where the mask extended beyond the green branch. Thanks for pointing that out, I have corrected it in my copy.

Joseph Przybyla
10-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Thank you all for viewing and commenting, your time and effort is very much appreciated.

William Dickson
10-03-2014, 11:19 AM
Great image Joe, the bird looks perfect with the light BG, and the greens on the trees fit well with the BG colour and the bird. Well done