PDA

View Full Version : Theme Leopard Cub Close-up

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-30-2014, 01:34 PM
Here is my contribution to the September theme! Saved this for the last day :-) This is Leopardess Marula's Cub. She had two of them and they were lazing on a dry river bed. I loved those innocent eyes. This is full frame with my 7D & 500 II. I liked the compression the long lens gave allowing to focus on those eyes. I have another image without the twig but the ear was cut off more so I am posting this.
1/250
f/4
ISO 640
Hope you like it.

Rachel Hollander
09-30-2014, 07:58 PM
Hi Sanjeev - Nice to see the cub. We spent a good part of a morning with the Marula Female in late May and they thought she was pregnant at the time. How old are the cubs? Nice colors and sharpness. Love the far off stare of the eyes and the details in them. I think it needs a slight amount of ccw rotation but that will clip the ear more.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-30-2014, 10:13 PM
Hi Rachel, they were about 8 weeks old and both are healthy & well. Agree about the CCW rotation but I did not attempt it due the clipping problem.

Tobie Schalkwyk
09-30-2014, 11:11 PM
Sanjeev I like the look of being totally at peace with the world around it - no care in the world! I agree - the eyes came out beautifully and I think the branch serves to tell us a little about its environment. Nice one, well done! :5

Morkel Erasmus
09-30-2014, 11:37 PM
Love those eyes! Did you enjoy your SA trip, Doc? Say hi next time :w3
I'd consider a hint more warmth overall - but I wasn't there so it may be an accurate reflection of colours at the time of shooting. I don't mind the twig as the eyes have my attention!
Good sharpness for 1/250 with a 7d/500mm! :cheers:

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-01-2014, 02:06 AM
Thanks Morkel, yes I did have a great time. I love SA! Will surely be back sometime. Certainly will give you a PM/email when I am coming there next time (or maybe to Botswana to learn from you!) :bg3:

Marc Mol
10-01-2014, 10:09 AM
Very nice Sanjeev, made all the more by his totally relaxed attitude that you've captured so well, good techs, detail & colour here as well.
A fine image and worthy place winner in the Close up theme.:w3

TFS

Carl Walker
10-01-2014, 04:42 PM
You have done really well with capturing those stunning eyes Sanjeev. All other has been said and as Morkel says the leaves don't detract from the image at all for me.Great stuff.

D. Robert Franz
10-03-2014, 10:03 AM
Great close up of the cub.. Congrats!