PDA

View Full Version : Underwater Incy !

John Robinson
09-29-2014, 02:58 PM
Water Spider (Argyroneta aquatica)
Funny how things appear you forgot about years back, when someone sends a request list in. This is from a long time back- not seen one for years. I even used to have them in my garden ponds.I think theres about one site left in the whole of Worcestershire.
This on is just leaving its air bell and its interesting the way the legs go into the bubble through the skin and no air comes out !! The spider ends up with a layer of air around the abdomen giving it a silvery look and allowing it to "breathe " underwater !
Taken on Ecktachrome 100 ASA Pentax Spotmatic. Metze 402- 2 heads. Takumar 100mm No idea about exposure - probably f16 at 50th sec.
Taken in 1973. Got some more of it out of the bubble.
Cheers
JohnR

Steve Maxson
09-29-2014, 06:46 PM
Very cool how the air bubble seems to be clinging to parts of the spider's body! Nice lighting and exposure and good overall sharpness on the spider. I might suggest cloning the small dark dust (?) specs - particularly on the lower half of the image. This is very nicely done - especially for film!

John Robinson
09-29-2014, 07:26 PM
Cheers
Steve
I did spend a lot of time taking debris spots out but got fed up !! I'll have a nother play!
Cheers
John

Diane Miller
09-29-2014, 10:30 PM
Incredible!

Ron Conlon
09-30-2014, 06:33 AM
Wonderful shot of an amazing subject. I like your shots from the archive, keep them coming.