PDA

View Full Version : Yellow-billed Horn Bill Portrait

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-29-2014, 01:13 PM
This was at Timbavati Reserve @ Kambaku Lodge.
1/320
f/5
ISO 400
7D & 500 II

Binu John
09-29-2014, 02:45 PM
Lovely portrait, Sanjeev! Excellent exposure, details, background and HA! I would selectively sharpen the tip of the beak.

Steve Kaluski
09-29-2014, 03:30 PM
Hi Sanjeev, this is gorgeous, love it, the eye is amazing, you have retained that lovely sheen/gloss to it. Cracking perspective (looking slightly up) and for me the DoF simply works, as your eye is drawn to the eye and so having the bill tailing off is right, well for me :S3:. Adding some Midtone, or a combination of dropping the exp, adding some contrast & clarity as an overall adjustment layer (via masking) will bring some more form and detail from the bill and help the highlight, but no deal breaker, love it as is. I think perhaps, the best 7D image you have produced, excellent. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Daniel Cadieux
09-29-2014, 05:38 PM
Fantastic details here, and I like the angling of the head. I can see the point about the tip of the bill and it would work had you been able to stop down, but as Steve says we are drawn straight to the eye so it does work as is anyhow. I love the touches of pink in the BG too. Excellent portrait.

Satish Ranadive
09-30-2014, 06:55 AM
Superb portrait with beautiful colors and great detail.

Regards,
Satish.

Stu Bowie
09-30-2014, 01:15 PM
Hi Sanjeev, glad to managed a shot of one of these guys on your trip. Great HA, lovely eye, and with these guys you need to experiment and focus in the middle of the bill to get the bill in the DOF. :w3