PDA

View Full Version : Cactus and Ocean

Dvir Barkay
09-29-2014, 02:00 AM

A tough shot to compose, but I tried capturing part of the essence of Greece, beautiful cacti with an even more beautiful ocean behind it. The dry grass that blurred at the bottom is slightly distracting, I already took out a more prominent one next to it, generally I don't like taking too many things out and so decided to leave it. I wish the Tamrons rendering of the ocean was smoother, but its got a horrid bokeh.

Sony A700, Tamron 70-300@210mm, F/7.1, ISO 400, 1/320s, Nafplio in Greece, 2014

Hazel Grant
09-29-2014, 07:27 AM
This took careful planning to get it right. good comp. Actually, I like the texture the ocean provides in contrast to the sharpness of the plants. Right about the the dry grass at the booting. Might try a careful clone. It is a bit distracting to an otherwise beautiful shot.

Diane Miller
09-29-2014, 10:17 PM
Gorgeous detail and light on the cactus. I'd clone the OOF grasses in a second! They are intruders.

Don Railton
09-29-2014, 10:51 PM
Hi Dvir

I like the detail you have on the cactus, the colour and the exposure... All spot on IMHO. I would crop the grass, the two little heads of a flower and the bit of cactus? that pop up above the lower border and are not apparently attached to anything

Don

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andrew McLachlan
10-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Hi Dvir, I like this one and think that the ocean blur is actually kinda cool looking. My only suggestion would be to evict the out of focus grasses along the bottom edge just right of center. Nice one!

Morkel Erasmus
10-06-2014, 05:14 AM
I quite like the contrast of the cactus with the ocean, specifically how the ocean bokeh was rendered. Weird eh?
That grass blade is unfortunate.