PDA

View Full Version : Last wild rose

Mitch Carucci
09-27-2014, 02:51 PM
Topaz remask & Impression.

Dennis Bishop
09-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Great colors and depth of field, and the highlights on the edges of the petals adds a lot. How did you use ReMask -- to reduce the Impression effect?

Jackie Schuknecht
09-27-2014, 03:46 PM
Very effective colours and framing. I love the hint of green leaves in the BG. I can see bits of pink around the tips of the petals which I might get rid of. The lighting on the flower is beautiful.

Anita Bower
09-28-2014, 07:19 AM
I like this rose and your treatment. It feels like fun. Interesting shapes and "brush" strokes. Nice composition. I wonder about making the center just a bit lighter?

Cheryl Slechta
09-28-2014, 10:38 AM
Mitch, you're getting a lot of goodie out of that filter. I love the texture on this one and the dark background against the beautifully lit rose. Nice job:S3:

Mitch Carucci
09-28-2014, 05:54 PM
Dennis,

I masked out the flower so that I could apply different effects to the flower and the background. I also used topaz detail to smooth out and tone down the background. I am still playing and learning Impression, so am really only using the presets (with a little bit of adjustment).

The depth of field on the flower was due to a small image stack.

Thanks.

Mitch

Diane Miller
09-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Just gorgeous! I'd love to see the flat-ish leaf in the UL have the color and texture of the one in the LR. Or else just go darker with more contrast.