PDA

View Full Version : Theme: White on White

Kerry Perkins
09-27-2014, 01:46 PM
This is a repost for the theme. This was made several years ago, but I believe I used Topaz Adjust - pencil sketch. The bird is a White-tailed Kite.

Dennis Bishop
09-27-2014, 02:37 PM
I like it, especially with the textured background. Of course, I like the black edges. However, I wonder about making a duplicate layer with the branch masked out and using Multiply blend mode at some opacity to lessen the difference between the black edges and the grays in the kite.

Jackie Schuknecht
09-27-2014, 03:42 PM
Beautiful white on white Kerry. I tried Dennis's suggestion, and I like the additional subtle tonality it put back in the bird. I like the sharp/dark eye too.

Anita Bower
09-28-2014, 07:26 AM
Great photo! Dramatic. I like the spread wings, the turn of the head, the detail of the eye. I agree that I'd like to see the dark lines and the grey ones more alike. The black line that defines the tail and part of the wings is especially too dark, and draws my attention away from the rest of the bird. I'd like to see some of the bird's details a bit darker. Wonderful shot.

Cheryl Slechta
09-28-2014, 10:40 AM
Hi, Kerry, I think suggestions made above are good ones. I love the composition and the pose.:S3:

Nancy Bell
09-28-2014, 04:15 PM
Thanks for jumping into the new theme! All good suggestions above. I really like the textured bkgd and the shaded frame. Both set off the kite very nicely.

Diane Miller
09-29-2014, 09:40 PM
Very cool! I could see it with the red put back in the eye!