PDA

View Full Version : Hurry up !!!

Andreas Liedmann
09-26-2014, 01:55 PM
Yet another seal as announced :bg3:.
This guy was speeding along the beach , i got him/her slightly running away from me , because i was too late with the focus hitting him/her .
But think it is still working because of the slight look back to me.

Canon EOS 1D MK IV
EF 800 IS L
Tripod

F 8 ; Iso 800 ; 1/1600 sec

Processed with DPP and PS CC ; cropped for pano comp from bottom and top

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread

Cheers Andreas

Nancy Bell
09-26-2014, 05:03 PM
I again really like the addition of those flying droplets of water above the seal as it further adds to the feeling of action. Pano is a good choice for the long, sleek seal and those horizontal layers of bkgd colors. It is fine that he is looking back, it adds to the feeling that this seal is getting away from something.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-26-2014, 10:08 PM
Fantastic POV and great choice of Pano. Works well I guess. Very well exposed and processed. Nice eye contact as well.

Rachel Hollander
09-27-2014, 07:08 AM
Hi Andreas - Nice one! I like the sense of movement here and think that the seal is almost parallel to the sensor. Nice tones and I think the head against the wave is a plus here as it sets the head off better than if it was against the darker bg of the water. Good choice on pano. Only suggestion is to tame the glow along the back a bit.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
09-27-2014, 02:13 PM
Thanks folks for your comments , as always much appreciated .
Rachel the glow will stay for sure :wave:, because i like it .

Gabriela Plesea
09-27-2014, 02:41 PM
The "neon" glow is an interesting effect, something to do with the way the light fell on the subject and I personally like it, since it helps bring the seal out and highlights him in such an unusual manner. Beautiful colours - those blues and the gold and black, the tiny catchlight in the eye does make one think he was aware of your presence. Those water droplets have the brilliance of crystal, stunning action shot Andreas and the pano does work wonders here!

Kind regards,

Steve Kaluski
09-28-2014, 03:29 AM
Hi Andreas, a profile you do not often see, very cool. Overall I like the crop, colours and placement within frame. The displaced water and spay convey nicely the movement of the seal. For me this works far better than the previous posting.

Being a bit more 'analytical' which you like, then I might back off the sharpening on the water under the seal, to me it looks a bit too much and again looks like Smart sharpen?

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
09-28-2014, 10:54 AM
Thanks Gabriela and Steve for your comments , much appreciated.

Steve .......... i hate your analytics , LOL . No thanks for pointing that out , added one more step in the last 3 postings for output sharpening , at lower percentage . Will take a look and reduce more , if i like . Also have another go with another method .As it is the last step easy to reduce .

Thanks again , Andreas

Steve Kaluski
09-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Steve .......... i hate your analytics , LOL .

You have asked for them, I can easily say 'nice image', but I think that is not what you wish for? On a serious note, unless it's that visible, why apply it, just sharpen the main areas and leave as is?

Andreas Liedmann
09-28-2014, 11:34 AM
Steve come on , you know i suck your comments for the good :5, not always share your opinion though , but that is another story.