PDA

View Full Version : Young burchell's coucal in the open

Richard Flack
09-25-2014, 10:27 AM

Not the most confiding of species, so was quite chuffed to get him out in the open and so close to the vehicle.
Look forward to your comments

Date taken: 11 January 2013
Photo details:
ISO 200
Shutter speed 1/400
F stop 6.3
Exposure bias 0
Sharpened for web, cloned the BG (top right) to get rid of dark lines & smooth things out, tiny adjustment to shadows...

Jim Crosswell
09-25-2014, 10:49 AM
I like the pose, sharpness, setting, BG, composition and raised feather on the back adds to the image. Perch has a lot of texture too. Well done Richard.

Andreas Liedmann
09-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Hi Richard , nice frame of the Coucal with good detail and nice density in the tones .Agree with Jim about the good texture in the perch . Sharp where it counts .
You might watch the breast feathers because there is a slight green cast , think this is coming from the surrounding areas (reflection from the greenery )

Very nice all around, TFS Andreas

Binu John
09-25-2014, 11:38 AM
Superb shot, Richard! The light, colors and composition are awesome! Excellent perch, pose, HA and background! TFS

Jonathan Ashton
09-25-2014, 02:23 PM
Lovely shot great pose and I like the palette. I haven't seen one before but I also wondered about a green look about the chest feathers.

Daniel Cadieux
09-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Looks like a mean or miserable fella! Good light quality, and very nice details. Comp well balanced and a neat perch. Only a faint oof reddish twig touching the tail could be a candidate for removal just to things up there. I love the little "starbursts" created by the oof flowers in the background:S3:

David Salem
09-26-2014, 12:58 PM
it sure does have a sinister look to it. Just the light and the mood are very cool looking The. bird is nice and sharp and the background is not too overwhelming. Very nice work Richard

Juan Carlos Vindas
09-26-2014, 05:03 PM
Many thanks for sharing this one! unique specie with very nice light and a clean BG.