PDA

View Full Version : Feline Fascination (C)

Gabriela Plesea
09-24-2014, 03:07 PM
It is my fascination with felines that makes me post again tonight. That, and some relative success with my first photograph of this mouse-killer in action - thank you so much for your comments on my previous image:5

Techs:

Nikon D4
Nikon 300mm F2.8
ISO 1250
F8
+0.3 EV

Wishing you a great day tomorrow,

Rachel Hollander
09-24-2014, 03:33 PM
Gabriela - This is the best caracal image I have seen (though I have not seen many since it is an elusive cat :w3). Love absolutely everything about it. Big congrats on this portrait.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
09-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Hi Gabriela have you used again a blurring filter somehow ?? ..... LOL.
No just gorgeous portrait of this very nice cat.
Great comp , very nice color/tone combination .The blacks does look good , but would back off slightly during PP . This looks like taken under overcast conditions so i think the blacks can be slightly lighter but still maintaining the same amour of contrast .

Very nice job :5.
TFS Andreas

John Robinson
09-24-2014, 04:28 PM
Don't know much about these but what a terrific portrait! One of the bestof any species I,ve seen on here. Beautiful animal indeed. Is it the same one mouse catching that is being re habbed ?
A pleasure to view.
JohnR

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-24-2014, 09:42 PM
Amazing portrait of this awesome cat. Love those tufts of hair on the ears. Nice BG blur and well composed.

Tobie Schalkwyk
09-25-2014, 12:02 AM
Beautiful shot of this animal again, Gabriela! Had it been mine I probably would have dropped the exposure just a tad but that's a personal choice - it's great as it is! Let's see some more!

Marc Mol
09-25-2014, 05:14 AM
Very nice portrait, showing what a superb feline these guys really are, love the open mouth smile here as well Gabriela, techs/blacks look good to me. :w3

TFS

Gabriela Plesea
09-25-2014, 03:10 PM
Thank you all so much for your comments and finding the time to view, indeed this is the same lady caracal I posted earlier and she gave me a few cute poses I shall post in the near future.
No touching of the BG here, just a glass of Merlot which might have blurred things a little during processing, or maybe it's just Nikon magic? :t3

And yes it was taken in the morning, overcast and windy but I was grateful for the lack of shadows, managed a few other images when the sun was peeping through the clouds but I am saving them for later...

Hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow,

Kind regards,

Nancy Bell
09-25-2014, 07:40 PM
WOW! This is awesome! You captured the essence of feline beauty with this one. Soft colors, strong lines, beautiful head pose with just a bit of a snarl, one of those perfectly blurred bkgds in coordinating colors. Well done!

Carl Walker
09-26-2014, 06:02 AM
A stunning portrait you have captured here Gabriela. Love the creamy bg and the processing. Super VWD:cheers:

Mike Poole
09-26-2014, 07:29 AM
A lovely portrait capturing a great expression.

If that's what merlot + PP does, then I'm leaving for the off-licence shortly :t3

William Dickson
09-26-2014, 05:37 PM
Love this, I remember when I was at school(a long long time ago), I collected the World Wildlife Magazines every week, and the Caracal, at that time was my fave wild animal:S3:

Gabriela Plesea
09-27-2014, 08:22 AM
Thank you Mike, and it has to be South African Merlot:bg3:!
And thank you William - they are indeed beautiful and I understand why you liked them so much. I have more images for you, will post sometime soon:w3

Have a wonderful week-end!!!

Steve Kaluski
09-27-2014, 08:26 AM
Hi Gabriela, probably your best portrait to date, cracking DoF, killer BKG, detail & sharpness perfect.

If I'm seeing what Andreas is seeing then I might just blend that area in on the BKG, simple with a light setting.

Overall, gorgeous. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Gabriela Plesea
09-27-2014, 09:45 AM
THANK YOU, STEVE:5, whew, a great compliment, I am over the Moon:bg3:!!!

I shall blend as per your instructions:w3

Warmest regards,

Dumay de Boulle
09-29-2014, 03:29 AM
OOOHH!!! This is lovely. Great IQ and detail, good DOF and I love the way it pops from the BG. My kind of image.

Gabriela Plesea
09-29-2014, 03:51 PM
Hello Dumay!

Thank you so, so much! You made my day:bg3:, my evening:bg3:, you even made my tomorrow:w3!

Really kind of you, much appreciated:cheers: