PDA

View Full Version : Theme The Eye-pecker

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-23-2014, 02:44 PM
This was at the Kambaku dam area of Timbavati, There were these huge number of African Buffalos and I zeroed in on this fellow while the red-billed oxpecker took fancy for its eye! I liked how the buffalo responded by closing that eye :eek3:
5DIII
700mm
1/800
f/9
ISO 800

Tobie Schalkwyk
09-24-2014, 12:50 AM
Nice crop, clarity and interesting scene, Sanjeev! Lovely shot!

Steve Kaluski
09-24-2014, 04:35 AM
Hi Sanjeev, very nice behavioural image, good call on zooming in.

The open beak of the OP, the slightly closed eye of the Buff and the water droplets on the nose all play a part in building the content/story of the image. You dealt with any highlights nicely and overall have some gorgeous detail. Overall, perhaps dropping the Exp by 0.33 & or some Selective colour via Neutral & Black (but a fraction), may help adding a bit more to the image, but overall, like Gabriela's, another cracking image.

These images from the trip are really now showing what you can do & achieve, big congrats on this. You have Mastered a lot over the last few years, now I think it's moving towards subtle refinements and using a soft hand in the detail. TFS
Steve :cheers::cheers:

Rachel Hollander
09-24-2014, 06:02 AM
Hi Sanjeev - Steve has a soft spot for oxpeckers, especially on buffalo. I agree with his comments and also really like the way the horns go across the frame. Keep them coming!

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-24-2014, 07:55 AM
Thanks Toby, Steve & Rachel. Steve, I must thank you, Rachel etc particularly for teaching me to improve my technique while shooting in the field (and making me think) & continually work on my PP to get where I have reached. Really appreciate it. :cheers:

Steve Kaluski
09-24-2014, 08:04 AM
Hi Sanjeev, from my perspective it's just really nice to see how you have developed and embraced all the replies/help from people on BPN. :cheers:

Rachel Hollander
09-24-2014, 08:14 AM
Sanjeev, once again I must agree with Steve. You did all of the hard work.:5

Cheers,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
09-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Hi Sanjeev another one from here jumping on Steve īs comment regarding your development both in field and at home ............ i just agree with his kind comment.

Nice job in getting this story telling image , good suggestion to tone down some parts of the frame.
Well done ,:5, TFS Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
09-24-2014, 02:18 PM
I cannot agree more with the comments above! Great work Sanjeev!!!

Title well chosen, indeed a lovely image in terms of colours, composition and detail, the ox-pecker and water droplets a great bonus! The bird stands out so nicely against the buffalo's skin, love the red beak, it just adds a drop of colour and so much life into this image! The textures and colours on the horns of the buffalo just superb - congratulations!

Kind regards,

Andre Pretorius
09-26-2014, 12:37 PM
Hi Sanjeev

Agree with all the comments above.
Adding about +2 blacks in neutrals might do the trick.
The sharpening might be a bit too much on boss and greys between eyes.
The thought that went into this image is evident in the techs, well done!:bg3: