PDA

View Full Version : My take for the World Rhino Day

Andreas Liedmann
09-22-2014, 01:16 PM
hi all ,before we are ending up with only the african rhino , i post an image of an really endangered Rhino.Not saying the africans are more save , but from the One Horned Rhino existing a lot less !!!!!
They have smaller space left where they can live , and on the Indian subcontinent there are not that many reserves or private game farms where they can survive.

Canon EOS 1D MK II
EF 500 IS L
Bean bag from Gypsy

hence the settings : F 5,6 ; Iso 200 ; 1/250 sec

Processed with DPP and PS CC ; tried to go Steve`s low contrast route , not very successful i think , but in the end i like it.

I have done some edit to the image , the rhino was too close to the frame edge and i did not want to add canvas and recrop , so i did something else , wonder what ?Maybe you find out .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Anette Mossbacher
09-22-2014, 02:26 PM
You are only teasing :2eyes2: :c3:

Andreas Liedmann
09-22-2014, 02:35 PM
Teasing ? In what way ?

Anette Mossbacher
09-22-2014, 03:38 PM
Jodel Jodel Jodel, they look so dinosaur like, just madness great animals.
Teasing, well I cannot add a dinosaur in this collection of todays posted rhino from Asia :eek3:
Only a dinosaur, not look alike African rhino! :w3

So, you used Patex to glue more canvas on this image. Very well done I could not find the glue signs…yet!! :c3:

Detail as usual great, but one thing is missing, the eye look :t3 Love the birds on the back of the rhino. Looks good to me :wave:

On the over hand I would blur more the BG, just me as usual, to make it more complicated in the CC work flow and to start to ask Adobe to invent the ..o-matic button for all.
Elle-o-matic, lion-o-matic, rhino-o-matic-Africa, rhino-o-matic-Asia…etc.

Have a great evening

Ciao
Anette

Andreas Liedmann
09-22-2014, 03:58 PM
Thanks Anette , no glue more something like a rubber and a paintbrush :wave:

Blur -o-matic you find it under the hidden files within PS cc , but only for the boys :t3.Thanks for pointing this out

Anette Mossbacher
09-22-2014, 04:06 PM
I was more thinking of something like that. This is done with blur-o-matic, homemade for women, sorry no men access :w3 :t3

Rachel Hollander
09-22-2014, 07:38 PM
Hi Andreas - I like the pose walking toward you and the cooler tones of the image. I'm not sure what you did to the image but before I read your intro I thought the bg at the right edge of the reeds/grass/bamboo(?) above the hump looked a little strange. As you know I am a fan of less contrast. :bg3: Btw I also like the birds. They're a nice addition to the image.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
09-23-2014, 12:46 AM
Thanks Anette and Rachel for your feedback /RP .
Anette sadly i do not like your blurring for girls , looks to fake to me , it would look more natural in a close up , not with a wider shot taken with a long lens from a distance :bg3:, at least i know under what circumstances i took the image.

I just simply moved the rhino within the frame :eek3::2eyes2:. Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
09-23-2014, 06:25 AM
Hi Andreas, I think this particular species conveys more that 'armour plating', almost that style of Chinese battle warrior (all those years ago) with all the folds & textures, more so than the African cousin.

Personally I would have preferred a bit more of a move to the left to show more of the body and would have, I'm sure still retained the head to camera, plus it may have reduced the 'clump' of vegetation in the background, but no big deal. Light looks a bit flat and I might have liked a bit more SS i.e. ISO 400. Having the two Myna birds is a lovely touch. I think the blur to the BKG has helped as the 'clump' is not so prominent, but your call.

Not ideal, but tried to get a bit more 'contrast' back into the body to give a little more definition based on Anette's posting. Moving of the subject was a good call.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
09-23-2014, 08:59 AM
Thanks Steve i am with you about your point about the SS .
I am fine with the head on pose and only slight showing of the armored body.This guy was on the move so not really controllable what he was doing , and he did not give me the attention i expected from him :w3.
Your contrast is a tad too strong , look at the original capture , fully, dull, grey , kind of foggy day ....... so i tried to keep the things dull very close to the scene .
Moving to the left was not really possible ,i was not alone on the Gypsy , second as you can see there was vegetation on LHS . In FG OOF . So if had told the driver to go ahead i would have been ending up with vegetation in front of my lens , or better said my friend to my left before me .And he would have complained .

Other story is if you are addicted to a driver , who is just a driver ......... and not a nature photographer ......

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
09-23-2014, 09:11 AM
Fine, now have a better understanding. :S3: