PDA

View Full Version : Adirondack Lake

Wendy Kates
09-21-2014, 07:59 PM
This is Thirteenth Lake in the Adirondacks: it's very peaceful (no motorboats permitted) and surrounded by mountains. I took the image in bright sunlight, so I applied polarizing and neutral density filters in CEP; then the Topaz Watercolor filter. Comments welcome.

Dennis Bishop
09-21-2014, 10:35 PM
It looks very inviting, and the grasses add a lot of depth and interest. The pinkish color in the sky is an added plus. I'd be inclined to add a warming photo filter adjustment layer, but it's very nice just the way it is.

Anita Bower
09-22-2014, 01:42 PM
This image definitely says "summer." I like the inclusion of the swimmer into the gorgeous scenery. The processing creates a bit of a magic feel. Pleasing composition, with the layers of hills. Love the blues. Very nice work.

Kerry Perkins
09-22-2014, 09:16 PM
Very pretty Wendy, I love the blue water and interesting sky with the hazy mountains in between. It has been many years since I was in that area, but I do remember just this kind of scene. Nice painterly look and feel and very pleasing composition. Well done!

Paul Lagasi
09-23-2014, 01:28 AM
A very nice composition, love the effect and the painterly look...well done

Jackie Schuknecht
09-23-2014, 10:33 AM
Love the layers of blues in the mountains, and the rim lighting on the dock and the man. Wish I could make out more what he is doing, but would be more evident at a larger size.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
09-23-2014, 05:56 PM
Wendy,

Greetings. I like the painterly look and the inviting cool water captured well with the man preparing to dive in. The sky doesn't work for me. The whites distract my eye. If it were mine I would crop as much as to just above the hill on the right and tone down the whites. That said, I do like the feel of the rest and the layered hills in the distance. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Wendy Kates
09-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Thanks, all, for your kind comments. Michael...I just cropped it as you suggested, and I agree...it is much easier now to focus on the water and the hills. (I won't repost it.) Good suggestion.