PDA

View Full Version : Red-Shouldered Hawk in Wind

Jay Campbell
01-06-2008, 09:11 PM
I went to Venice Rookery today about 11am & found this Red-Shouldered Hawk in a nearby treetop about 30ft above ground.

I used a Canon XTi shooting 1/400sec at f/7.1 at 100iso. My lens is 100-400L at 400mm, no flash.

Alfred Forns
01-06-2008, 10:03 PM
I know that bird !!!!! Glad you got him It flew all around when I was there but never had a chance !!!! Congrats

You did well with the situation and feel got the best image from where you were standing The angle is steep (nothing you can do) and the light harsh being eleven and clear I like the pose Might only try to work on the feathers and lighten a tad !!!

btw if you can shoot me a PM with the name I can update your profile We are trying to get all actual names Thanks

James Shadle
01-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Jay,
In addition to Al's comment.
Get there earlier! I don't know why, but the light seems to get contrasty at the Venice Rookery earlier than any other place I go.

Welcome, and I put your BPN # up.

Judd Patterson
01-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Hi Jay, love that calling pose of this hawk! Beautiful dark feathers on this bird, but they are somewhat hidden by the harsh shadows of mid-day light. You'll have to see if you can track him down closer to dawn in some sweet light. :)