PDA

View Full Version : African Fish Eagle

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-21-2014, 08:57 AM
Hi All, I had a fabulous trip to Pilanesberg and Timbavati parks in South Africa from Sept 7-15th. Thanks to Stuart Bowie I got some nice images at Mankwe Hide in Pilanesberg. This one is from Timbavati, SA. Hope you like it.
1/2500
f/6.3
ISO 400
7D & 500 II
Hand Held.

Steve Kaluski
09-21-2014, 09:39 AM
Hi Sanjeev, it's a cracking place, glad you had a great time, your images are showing you had fun.

You did well controlling the contrasting Whites & Blacks, especially in the shadows. If it was me, I would loose the descending branch, WDYT? Kudos to Stu in helping you, he's a great guy, but don't tell him that, LOL. :bg3:

Look forward to more.

TFS
Steve

Randy Stout
09-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Sanjeev:

Good observations from Steve, and I do agree about the branch he removed. Too high of contrast/impact against the clear sky.

I might tone down the whites just a sliver, they are reading into the 250s.

Glad you had a good time in SA. Nice to know a 'local' !

Cheers

Randy

Stu Bowie
09-21-2014, 11:29 AM
Hi Sanjeev, glad you enjoyed your trip to my part of the world. Excellent exposure on this majestic bird, and hope you will never forget his call. I do like the pose, great eye, and Steve's suggestion on removing the branch has turned out well.

Looking forward to your images from Mankwe. I hope you got the swallows. :w3

Steve: :bg3:

Arya Shafaeipour
09-21-2014, 12:21 PM
very very good
Thank you for sharing

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Thanks Steve, Stu, Randy & Arya. I too like the RP by Steve. I was not sure about removing it, but it does look great without it. Stu, I did get the Swallows and swifts & of course the Pied KF that I so badly wanted to photograph! Special thanks to you Stu!!! Really appreciate it.
Sanjeev

Tobie Schalkwyk
09-21-2014, 11:55 PM
I'm not going to repeat the valid comments so far - lovely shot with great detail & exposure. The RP works for me too.

Daniel Cadieux
09-22-2014, 08:06 AM
The image looks so much cleaner with that piece of the perch gone. I also agree with Randy re: the whites. A very nice image with a good profile pose, exposure, sharpnesss. The hint of tree in the BG is an important element too.

Jim Crosswell
09-22-2014, 01:15 PM
I like the pose, perch, sharpness and composition. I like the repost with the branch removed. Well done.