PDA

View Full Version : Burrowing Owl

Kerry Perkins
09-20-2014, 02:07 PM
Captured in the vicinity of the Salton Sea, California. Called with iBird Pro on cell phone.

1D4, EF400mm f/5.6L
Manual mode, f/5.6@1/5000 ISO 800 WB 5300K
AI Servo autofocus, hand-held no flash

Ian Wilson
09-21-2014, 06:47 AM
Hi Kerry, Bird looks great but I am struggling with the intensity of the green background. I guess it is a bit of a shock; had it been blue sky or an arid landscape I probably would have thought nothing was out of place. Nevertheless, technically fine, wonderful action you captured here. Regards, Ian

Tom van den Brandt
09-21-2014, 07:38 AM
Nice landing pose you have captured Kerry. Great wing position and nice detail.

Cheers, Tom

Randy Stout
09-21-2014, 10:30 AM
Kerry:

Great to see you posting. Hope things are going better for you and your wife.

Wonderful landing flare, with the feet out front, really rocks.

I am also wondering a bit about that background. It just seems somewhat overwhelming. The transition from dirt to green looks a little off.

Maybe try toning down the greens a bit,

Cheers

Randy

Kerry Perkins
09-21-2014, 11:57 AM
Thanks everyone! I agree that the green is a bit much. One of the natural habitats of this bird is the agricultural areas of the southern California deserts. In fact, this bird is struggling to maintain its populations due to the destruction of its habitats by the agricultural business. Having said all that, I could indeed tone down the green. :c3:

Juan Carlos Vindas
09-22-2014, 01:51 PM
Wow, thatīs a fantastic landing pose. Nice light and love the feather details. If mine, I would desat the green BG a tad.