PDA

View Full Version : Close Up Blue......

Ritesh Nangare
09-20-2014, 08:10 AM
Blue Eared KingFisher Male Bird.
Chiplun Maharashtra, India. (Nandu's Place)
Jully 2014

Long Time Dream Come true when I Visited to Chiplun in Jully end at Nandu's Place we saw this awesome pair of Blue eared Kingfisher......
In this image The Male Bird Bring the Fish For His female companion who is Incubating the eggs.

Enjoy..........

exif....

Camera Model Canon EOS-1D X
Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/40
Av(Aperture Value) 8.0
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation -1/3
ISO Speed 800
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x III
Focal Length 700.0mm

Grant Yang
09-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Good detail on the kingfisher and the fish. I like your composition and the expression on the kingfisher and fish are perfect. It looks a little oversaturated to my eyes, though that could be my monitor, or just because I'm not used to such colorful birds in my region.

Grant

Andreas Liedmann
09-20-2014, 01:55 PM
Hi Ritesh , wow that is colorful and contrasty , a fraction too much for my taste .
I like the tight framing , though.
Asking curious , why these cam settings , i think you can push the 1Dx to 6400 with no issues in terms of noise .

TFS Andreas

Bill Dix
09-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Wow is right. This is amazing, Ritesh. Tight in the frame but it allows you to showcase the wonderful detail, so OK by me. Great saturated colors and I love the matching reflections in the two eyes.

David Salem
09-20-2014, 06:46 PM
I love portraits and this one looks great. Sharp, the most important part of a portrait, and full of beautiful color and visual interest. Nice BG that showcases the colors well.
Not sure if I like seeing the man made house in the eye but all else rocks.

Juan Carlos Vindas
09-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Love the nice facial details and the bold blue colour of the KF. The fish as an added bonus.

Tom van den Brandt
09-21-2014, 07:24 AM
Very nice portrait with lots of detail. Very intens colors, did you increase the saturation here? Can you tell me what the BG color is?

Cheers, Tom

Daniel Cadieux
09-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Very nice close up of this predator and prey. Cropped tastefully with enough shoulder showing. My first thought was also that the image was too saturated and contrasty, and critical focus looks to be on the shoulder and back area.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Incredible image Ritesh, I like the details, the prey and eye contact on both bird and fish. Well done.

Jim Crosswell
09-22-2014, 12:20 PM
Excellent image Ritesh! I like the sharpness, details, fish and tight composition. I feel the contrast and saturation could be dialed back a bit.

arash_hazeghi
09-23-2014, 12:26 AM
Excellent dynamic pose and a very handsome KF, the fish is priceless. Unfortunately it has been let down by poor post processing, contrasty with crunchy details... slow shutter speed didn't help you here either

TFS