PDA

View Full Version : I Think I Just Have Too Much Time on My Hands

Paul Lagasi
09-19-2014, 05:56 PM
This image was created totally on CS5. I started working on a Hummingbird image in my files, and for some reason just kept flipping, then using polar coordinates, mini world, etc., Then I ended up with the foreground which begged a background, more flipping and coordinates.

When I looked up two hours had passed and I had this whatever image in front of me.

It's a little like doodling we used to do with a pen, I guess.

You don't, have to like or hate it....its just the way it turned out. I really don't even understand why I put the turtle face in.

For those of you who are wondering their weren't any drugs involved in the making of this image...... :Whoa!: :tinysmile_shy_t:

Have a great weekend

Paul Lagasi
09-19-2014, 05:58 PM
Without the turtle face :eek3:

Dennis Bishop
09-19-2014, 07:32 PM
I have to admit I didn't recognize it as a turtle face until I read it, but I think I prefer that version because the face helps to tie everything together. Both images are bright and cheerful, and I sure enjoyed reading about how it all evolved.

Diane Miller
09-19-2014, 10:23 PM
You definitely do, Paul. Keep it up!! There may be some drug flashbacks in viewing it.

I think you have fertile ground here to experiment with other things in that center spot. I have to admit I'm not fond of the face, but it looks a little empty without it. I absolutely love the red and green swirly things.

Kerry Perkins
09-20-2014, 01:01 PM
Love it Paul, and those aren't flashbacks, they're "dividends". :bg3: I too prefer the original version, I agree that the turtle head pulls the eye into the center and is a unifying element. Nice digital doodling! :c3:

Jackie Schuknecht
09-21-2014, 10:05 AM
Another vote for the turtle, but maybe smooth it out a bit except for the eyes. The turtle makes it more like a Dave Phillips creature rather than just an abstract. 2 hours well spent!

Anita Bower
09-22-2014, 12:00 PM
I, too, think that something is needed in the center, but my vote would be for something other than the turtle head. This is a fun, colorful, OOTB image. Sounds like you had fun creating it. :-)

Randall Farhy
09-27-2014, 02:46 PM
Paul, this is an awesome piece. I love the colors, the contrast in tone and texture (rough greens pitted against the silky smooth golds) etc. I too prefer the central abstract face and how the flip created the abstract Chinese fighting fish? heads. Think I'd try a solid background in deep blue or black with your gold border to see if the art would pop even more, though I do like the lower region as it is now (upper BG region pulls my eye). 2 hours well spent, I've "wasted" far more time on various deleted versions of my own than I care to admit. Hints of jewelry, medallion, or mystic relic all come to mind. Again, this one has a super strong design and color balance-well done!