PDA

View Full Version : Impressions

Mitch Carucci
09-19-2014, 02:28 PM
Topaz Impressions (Trial version)

Hazel Grant
09-19-2014, 02:59 PM
will have to check this Impressions out. good balance of the "real" and the reflection.

Dennis Bishop
09-19-2014, 03:40 PM
I like the feel of action, the composition, and what you did with Impressions. Have you used Impressions enough to decide if you like it or not?

Mitch Carucci
09-19-2014, 04:07 PM
First time I have tried it, so don't know how versatile it may or may not be. Also, I have not been able to get it to work as a plugIn, so have been trying it in stand alone mode.

Paul Lagasi
09-19-2014, 05:44 PM
Mitch a nice composition I would have like to see the whole reflection but that's just my taste. Good one.

Mitch Carucci
09-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Topaz Impressions may be worth a look.

Kerry Perkins
09-20-2014, 01:06 PM
Well, I got Impression (singular, not plural) yesterday and played with it a lot last night. I really like it and can see the possibilities. I love how it updates in real time so you can see the results of moving the sliders immediately. I had no trouble getting it to work as a plugin in either LR or PS. You did read the bit about using it as a standalone program first, right? Since you've been using it that way it just might work as expected now. Don't know why they do that, but I also don't understand why they refuse to do what most other plugins do an give you the result on a new layer. I always forget and have to go back and do it again after making a copy of the layer.

I like your original image (we're only supposed to post one image per thread unless it's a re-do) and I would suggest getting rid of the blue on the wings.

Judy Howle
09-20-2014, 08:29 PM
I like your OP very much. Good job with Impression.

Jackie Schuknecht
09-21-2014, 09:56 AM
Wouldn't mind a little more canvas to the right. It looks very promising as a filter. I would post the mushrooms as a separate thread as I think they turned out wonderfully. Looking forward to more posts Mitch.

Anita Bower
09-22-2014, 12:03 PM
I'm enjoying seeing some images using Impressions. I like the results here--it gives the image a painterly feel. I, too, would add a bit of space on the right. I usually like reflections, but in this image, I find the reflection distracts me from the bird itself; perhaps because it is so bright. I like the colors and the action captured.