PDA

View Full Version : Theme Mom and I

Andre Pretorius
09-19-2014, 01:04 PM
Image captured @ Zimanga from the Morning Hide.
The red in BG was an Impala walking past.

Image was rotated to get level.
LOTS of reds from morning light and red soil..had to tone down a lot.

LR5 and CS6.

Nikon D3S with 600f4 (had to lean back on chair to focus, older lens needs bit more minimum focal distance)
1/1250 @ 7,1
ISO 2500

Anette Mossbacher
09-19-2014, 01:52 PM
HI Andre,

love those monkeys they are much fun. Great eyes and the tones of the red you managed very well. Maybe the nose area should be a tad more sharpen, see what the others say to this.

Have a great evening

Ciao
Anette

Mike Poole
09-19-2014, 03:44 PM
Great shot - I've looked at this a few times now, and it makes me smile each time. The eyes just work perfectly, and the reflection is a nice bonus. Nice of the impala to be so co-operative as well!

Rachel Hollander
09-20-2014, 09:53 AM
Hi Andre - This is great. The warm colors, low pov and cooperative impala bg all combine for an excellent image. The eyes are captivating. A very small point but by no means a deal breaker, I wish mom's finger wasn't clipped on the lhs.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
09-20-2014, 10:10 AM
Hi Andre, nice eye contact and the hide provided a nice low level POV, was this through glass? I like the overall colours and personally I feel the sharpening looks fine. I think Mum's 'chest' maybe in this instance a little distracting LOL :bg3:, but nothing you could have done. Like the reflection.

I think they need to vary the scene/environment/features from time to time, as having seen many of these images both Avian & Animal you know instinctively where it's from.

TFS
Steve

Andre Pretorius
09-20-2014, 11:32 AM
Thank you all for comments:S3:

Anette, does the baby or the mother needs a nose job?

Mike you must see their other antics, you don't smile, you laugh out loud!

Rachel, I was waiting for that comment, in the original the finger was fully in, as I mentioned I had to lean back on my chair to get that few extra centimetres to get focus.
By leaning back I must have moved the camera a bit off centre. It was either the finger or a non straight image. I chose the rotation and thereby almost amputated the finger!:bugeyed:

Thank you Steve, yes this was through the glass. Loose about 1 stop, but it is worth the invisibility to the subject. I promise I did not enhance mom's "assets"!:t3:tinysmile_shy_t:

I feel that I have spent one morning in that hide;captured hundreds of images with the same setup. I have no inclination to return to THAT hide, but there are a few more!
They are busy building a "lagoon hide" where you walk in a "pipe-walkway" under the water to a hide in the lake where bigger mammals can be photographed- elephant, wild dog, leopard etc.
Would like to go back, just expensive, but worth-while ..

Thanks for commenting..

Andreas Liedmann
09-20-2014, 03:23 PM
Hi Andre looks fine to me in all terms .
Very nice fine detail and pleasing colors.The eyes are gorgeous and the sharpening does look good to me.
Agree with Steve about the location , but not much you could do .

Nice job all around , TFS Andreas

Carl Walker
09-21-2014, 06:43 AM
This is a lovely image mate. The piercing and engaging eyes! IMO very well processed.
:cheers: