PDA

View Full Version : Red Deer Stag in full swing (C)

Andreas Liedmann
09-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Hi folks another local wildlife shot , sadly captured in a semi wild area.
They can roam free but still fenced somehow .Meaning it is a very large area they live in , close to my hometown.
Captured during last rutting season .

Canon EOS 1D x
EF 500 IS L +1,4 TC
Tripod

F 5,6 ; Iso 1250 ; 1/800 sec ; should have stopped down for more DOF and higher ISO for SS

Light was harsh , but i like the pose of this guy .

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
09-19-2014, 07:24 AM
Hi Andreas - Great bugling pose and that's quite a rack its got. Pleasing bg too. I'm not as familiar with the red deer as I am some of the ones here but this looks a little lighter than others I have seen. With the harsh side light I would also expect it to be a bit darker on the shaded side. Just a thought. You've certainly brought out good detail though.

TFS,
Rachel

Anette Mossbacher
09-19-2014, 11:31 AM
some token has expired but now I can hit the post quickly hurry up hurry up

H Andreas,

roooooaaaaarrrrr, great big chap, dais are as I expected from you, maybe could be a tad better ( and there the smilies gave up on me)
I might would tone down the highlights in the antlers a bit more, if you can. Sure you can :))
BG the LHS the bush, might tone a tad as well, not sure, but jumped into my eyes.

Have a great evening

Ciao
Anette

Steve Canuel
09-19-2014, 12:01 PM
Impressive looking animal, too bad we don't get sound effects when we open up these pics to view. I like the simplicity of the image.

Andre Pretorius
09-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Hi Andreas

Stunning pose! I have never heard them, must be quite a noise!

Detail is amazing, even in shadows!

Agree with Anette about that bright green/yellow area above his rack.

PS- when you posted it, what were the dimensions? (still 1200x900)

Andreas Liedmann
09-19-2014, 02:51 PM
Thanks folks for your comments , much appreciated .
Followed various suggestions with RP , but not possible for me to get more realistic looking detail into the stags .

Dimensions as always 600 x900 , Andre

Thanks again , Andreas

Steve Kaluski
09-20-2014, 03:49 AM
Hi Andreas, like Steve, I like the simplicity of the image, personally if positioned allowed, a lower POV might have been bester?

TFS
Steve