PDA

View Full Version : Strict or permissive?

Gyorgy Szimuly
05-23-2008, 04:11 AM
Guys, How strict you are when selecting the keepers from a series of images?
I guess everyone is making dozens of images of the same birds to get some perfect poses which results many many images with bird showed in the very same pose. Are you fling out the exactly same keeper to the trash even if the image looks perfect?

How do you handle the not so perfect images? Do you have any reason to keep them out of learning from the 'mistake'.

Any comments are appreciated.

Szimi

Fabs Forns
05-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Szimi, the trash bin is a photographers' best friend!! It keeps your standards high :)
Some deleted images, of course, are a lesson :)

Dan Brown
05-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Gyorgy, if your in-camera dupes are exact dupes, deletes them because you can dupe them a billion times with the computer if need be! And, if your current captures aren't better than the old ones of the same subject, delete them also, or you will be running out of storage space with "stuff"

Dan Brown,
Sacramento

Alfred Forns
05-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Just keep the very best and all else to the trash !!!!

Robert Amoruso
05-24-2008, 10:47 AM
My first cut is 10% of the entire shoot selected that have some some/most merit. They are tagged during editing. I move them to a different directory. I delete the remaining that did not make the cut. I then edit again the remaining 10% down to about 10% keepers. The results in about 1% of my original shoot kept that I will process The other 9% are being retained for now.