PDA

View Full Version : Golden Gate Bridge

Rachel Hollander
09-18-2014, 07:55 AM
It has been a while since I've posted a landscape image. I spent a long weekend in Sonoma, California and on the way back to SFO stopped and walked across the Golden Gate Bridge. When we arrived there was the typical fog in places but it burned off and I took this one at the end of the walk. It was a gorgeous day and the sky and water really were that blue.

Canon 5D3
16-35 II @ 35mm
1/100
f18
ISO 400
HH, straightened, luminosity mask, levels, curves, LCE, sharpened in CCPS.

C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks,

Rachel

Don Railton
09-18-2014, 06:53 PM
Hi Rachel

This is a great image...! and I would love to walk that icon. The blues and the red work well and I like that you have caught a few sailboats in the image as well. The bridge leads into the image nicely to distant hills which maybe could do with just a little more contrast?? . I can see an alternative crop from the top of the brick building (just bridge water and hills, makes stronger lead from LLC IMHO to those hills) No other suggestions other than there are some faint bunnies playing in the clouds..

regards

DON

Diane Miller
09-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Did you ever pick the right day! It's been incredibly foggy for the last two months, although sometimes the Golden Gate is clearer than farther up the coast. The fog normally breaks up by now and September and October are usually beautiful. Great shot from a nice vantage point. (And I'll attest to the colors!)

There's usually such a heavy marine layer of moisture in the air that it's rare to get even this much contrast in the hills.

Hazel Grant
09-18-2014, 10:24 PM
Yes, great day for a shot! Good reflection in water, and I think the sailboat is an extra plus to help us visualize how immense that span really is. The puffy clouds keep the sky interesting. Nice

Rachel Hollander
09-19-2014, 08:39 AM
Thanks Don, Diane and Hazel, much appreciated.

Andrew McLachlan
09-19-2014, 04:19 PM
Hi Rachel, nice to have you posting in landscapes again, and with such a lovely image too :S3: Great sharpness throughout and colors and crystal clear.

Rachel Hollander
09-20-2014, 11:11 AM
Thanks Andrew :wave:

Anette Mossbacher
09-22-2014, 04:25 PM
Hi Rachel,

very well done, looks great to me, love the colors and contrast between red and blue. Been a long time ago when I walked across this bridge.

Have a great evening

Caio
Anette

Rachel Hollander
09-24-2014, 06:06 AM
Thanks Anette :wave:

dankearl
10-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Crisp and sharp, a bit mundane look at the Bridge, you needed a better sky.......

Morkel Erasmus
10-03-2014, 07:48 AM
Love the colours and the image design here - postcard stuff. Gotta agree with Dan, a better sky would have been killer!

Diane Miller
10-03-2014, 11:25 AM
An interesting sky might be desirable, but in reality, 99% of the time the skies here come in two flavors -- gray and blue. This one is just molting -- a few minutes earlier it may have had a little more detail in the clearing fog. :S3: