PDA

View Full Version : Secrets in the Garden

Jackie Schuknecht
09-16-2014, 10:10 AM
I used Fractalius and some textures on this one. I did it a while ago so I can't remember everything I did.:S3:

Cheryl Slechta
09-16-2014, 04:38 PM
Whatever you did I like it, Jackie. I love the color combination and the fact that the prominent tulip is just a little clearer than the rest. I also like the lighting.:S3:

Arthur Morris
09-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Yup. I love the way the colors work together and though I am usually not a fan of textures I do like this one. But best of all is the depth created by the limited depth of field with the sharp focus on the largest, closest blossom.

Diane Miller
09-16-2014, 10:39 PM
Yes, wonderfully 3D, great colors and composition. It places the tulips in a more natural setting than I expect to see, which I find very appealing.

Jackie Schuknecht
09-16-2014, 10:42 PM
Thanks Cheryl, Artie, and Dianne for the comments. I had this printed on a canvas 24 x 36, and it really turned out well.

Kerry Perkins
09-16-2014, 10:58 PM
I'll bet that canvas looks great, this is such a nice image. Really well done Jackie. I love the complementary red/green colors and the textures work really well.

Anita Bower
09-17-2014, 07:48 AM
Lovely image. As others have written, great composition, with the two flowers standing out and mirrored by the rest of the flowers.
I flipped the image horizontally, placing the in-focus flowers on the left, and liked that orientation better. The bluish-green light areas in the center are a bit distracting to me.
A beautiful, natural, simple scene.
Where do you have your canvas prints made?

Dennis Bishop
09-17-2014, 07:52 AM
The colors work very well together, and the tulip color is very appealing in its own right. I wonder if I'd like it even better if the texture had been masked off the stems and leaves as well as the flowers of those two closest plants.

Almost always, I evaluate a horizontal flip but didn't think about it on this image until reading Anita's comments. I like it both ways, but the flip makes the diagonals stronger (upper left to lower right is generally considered preferable to the opposite direction, and I think it really shows in this case).

Jackie Schuknecht
09-17-2014, 08:50 AM
Anita, I just have them printed at a place called 44 Wide. I don't think you have that in the States. I get a batch printed when they have a sale 40-50% off. I flipped the canvas too and must say I like it as presented as I find there is a reverse S curve left to right and then leading out of the frame using the flowers to connect the dots so to speak. Dennis I am a fan of textures and like them here. But we all have our own taste!

Anita Bower
09-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Anita, I just have them printed at a place called 44 Wide. I don't think you have that in the States. I get a batch printed when they have a sale 40-50% off. I flipped the canvas too and must say I like it as presented as I find there is a reverse S curve left to right and then leading out of the frame using the flowers to connect the dots so to speak. Dennis I am a fan of textures and like them here. But we all have our own taste!

I forgot you were in Canada. I like the picture both ways.

Paul Lagasi
09-19-2014, 05:32 PM
A nice piece of art, would be cool to see how it looks on canvas. Well done