View Full Version : Waves and gull

OvidiuCavasdan
09-13-2014, 12:01 PM
40D, EF S 18-55 STM
F8, 1/800sec, ISO 250

Don Railton
09-14-2014, 01:05 AM
Hi Ovidiu

This is a nice moment in time that you have captured very well.. I like the composition, the action and the crop ratio. It all works well for me. The image is also nicely exposed with plenty of detail in the dark rock without blowing out the white in the waves. I would probably add a touch more contrast to the sky but others may not... it's up to you of course.

best regards

DON

Hazel Grant
09-16-2014, 09:23 AM
Nice timing on this capture. The gull 'makes it' special.

Diane Miller
09-16-2014, 10:47 PM
I love the frozen waves against the softer setting. The gull is a very nice touch, and the lighting is very pleasant.

Rachel Hollander
09-18-2014, 08:15 AM
Hi Ovidiu - I like the crashing wave and the gull adds a nice anchor to the image. The image does not have an embedded color profile so there can be a shift in color depending on browser. If it were mine I would try to bring out more details in both the wave and in the dark rocks on the right. The detail is there, you just need to bring it out.

TFS,
Rachel

Andrew McLachlan
09-19-2014, 04:03 PM
Hi Ovidiu, nice capture and timing on the gull. The gull does add a lovely touch to the overall image. I also agree that a smidge more detail revealed in the darkest rocks would be nice to see. Out of curiosity do you have more room along the bottom edge?

OvidiuCavasdan
09-19-2014, 04:19 PM
Thank you all for comments.
Yes Andrew there is more room at the bottom edge in the original capture, but there is also a concrete slab that I did not like...

Morkel Erasmus
10-06-2014, 06:15 AM
Really nice! Good call by Rachel as this can do with some teasing out in terms of detail.
I'd have placed this in Avian as well :w3