PDA

View Full Version : Indian Rhino on his path

Andreas Liedmann
09-12-2014, 05:16 AM
Hi all another Rhino in B/W , just playing with a new plugin .

Photographed this Indian Rhino somewhere on the Indian Subcontinent :t3. This guy was coming through the high grass from RHS BKG with his head down , then he recognized us and stopped and did the head up pose to check out who or what disturbed him.
After a few seconds doing this , he just went his path mainly ignoring our presence, which i quite liked .

Canon EOS 1D MK IIn
EF 500 IS L
Beanbag from back of Gypsy

F 8 ; Iso 200 ; 1/250 sec

Processed with DPP and PS CC ; conversion with Tonality Pro from MacPhun software ; cropped for comp

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread .Any kind of critique is more than welcome , even pixel peeping :t3.

Cheers Andreas

Andre Pretorius
09-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Hi Andreas

These guys have much more armour plates than ours here on the South-african sub-continent!
Love the conversion and the comp.
Pose is out of a text book and like even the little flies following him!
Contrast and conversion amazing, decided not to get NIK, might get this!
Only crit is the bright stick behind his bum, keeps drawing the eye!:eek3:

Andreas Liedmann
09-12-2014, 02:17 PM
Thanks Andre, you got me .......... absolutely right , it is distracting .
Done

Carl Walker
09-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Andreas I really like this. Most of all the the head 'attitude' pose makes this shot. The mono is great and well processed. In an ideal world this would be brilliant without the slightly distracting bg. Excellent!!

Anette Mossbacher
09-13-2014, 06:18 AM
Hi Andreas,

the conversion is fine, but something bugs me and I do not know yet what it s. Maybe the dark BG, maybe the BG not blurry enough, no idea yet. It sits in my CC will see if the brain cells tell me what it is.
Details and all as usual very good :bg3:

Have a great weekend

Ciao
Anette

PS Are you in Luenen in Oct?

Mark Needham
09-13-2014, 07:39 PM
Lovely capture and conversion Andreas! We were at this same location this past February - amazing place (if I am thinking it is the same place) where we saw about 40-50 of these guys every day! I know how hard it can be to get a good image of these guys unobstructed by the high grass, in good light (it is often foggy / smokey at this place), with good head position - you managed to nail all of these with this image! My only nit-picky thing would be that I would perhaps want a tad more room along the bottom. RP looks better without the stick in the bum :bg3:

Morkel Erasmus
09-14-2014, 06:30 AM
I love the pose and the conversion here Andreas - the rhino stands out well from the reeds behind it which is testament to you putting some thought into this conversion.
The shrub right front is unfortunate, but overall a lovely shot for me. :5

Andreas Liedmann
09-15-2014, 12:15 PM
Thanks guys/gals for your kind comments , much appreciated .